Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe will be the difference between being Spursy and being Spurs the champions team. Ofcourse with proper spending by Levy on what Contes call of new players

team for palace: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, ndombele, winks, dele, reg; kane, son

2 days later, southampton: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; doherty, skipp, hojbjerg, reg; lucas, kane, berg

4 days after that, watford: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, ndombele, winks, dele, reg; kane, son

3 days after that, Chelsea 1st leg: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; doherty, skipp, hojbjerg, reg; lucas, kane, son

5 days after that, Morecambe: gollini; emerson, rodon, tanganga; doherty, ndombele, winks, dele, sess (??); berg, lucas

2 days after that, Chelsea 2nd leg: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, hojbjerg, winks, skipp, reg; kane, son

5 days after that, Woolwich: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, skipp, hojbjerg, reg; lucas, kane, son

Hopefully, we will sign two or three players for the first team during this run of games, meaning we can rotate a bit more. I wouldn't say no to Brozovic and Perisic. Another centre half so we don't have to flog Sanchez/Dier/Davies quite so much during this run would also help.
Thanks. I will email this to Conte.

team for palace: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, ndombele, winks, dele, reg; kane, son

2 days later, southampton: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; doherty, skipp, hojbjerg, reg; lucas, kane, berg

4 days after that, watford: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, ndombele, winks, dele, reg; kane, son

3 days after that, Chelsea 1st leg: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; doherty, skipp, hojbjerg, reg; lucas, kane, son

5 days after that, Morecambe: gollini; emerson, rodon, tanganga; doherty, ndombele, winks, dele, sess (??); berg, lucas

2 days after that, Chelsea 2nd leg: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, hojbjerg, winks, skipp, reg; kane, son

5 days after that, Woolwich: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, skipp, hojbjerg, reg; lucas, kane, son

Hopefully, we will sign two or three players for the first team during this run of games, meaning we can rotate a bit more. I wouldn't say no to Brozovic and Perisic. Another centre half so we don't have to flog Sanchez/Dier/Davies quite so much during this run would also help.
Don't think we should be starting Winks, Skipp and PEH as a 3. No attacking threat.

First 10 games this season in front of goal
Scored 1
Scored 1
Scored 1
Scored 0
Scored 0
Scored 1
Scored 2
Scored 3
Scored 0
Scored 0

Total scored 7 or 0.7 goals per game average
Conceded 15 or 1.5 per game average

6 games since Conte

Scored 0
Scored 2
Scored 2
Scored 2
Scored 3
Scored 2

Total scored 11 or 1.833 goals per game.
Conceded 3 or 0.5 goals per game.

Throw in the increase in Xg for, decrease in XG against, increase in distance run it's not at all hard to see we're suddenly looking far more genuine than we were.
When some people were wanking themselves off after 3 wins from the first 3 games, some of us could see how bad we actually were and, to the point, it was Palace who exposed that.

They absolutely hammered us. Yes, the goals all came after Tanganga walked, but they were all over us from the start. Very little doubt we wouldn't have scored all day, even with 11 so they almost certainly would have won that day regardless to the red.

I can't see this being the case again. 2-0 for me.

Ndom and Skipp please

But it will probably be Ndombele and WinksyBoy which is ok I guess
Season 5 Hug GIF by The Office

Hugo
Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Emerson - Winks - Skipp - Reguilon
Lucas - Kane - Son

I believe we'll go 3-4-3 in this one since we have the upper hand to Palace. Hopefully we gt some revenge for that 3-0 we took...

3-1 Spurs.

Surprised Gio didn't get minutes against West Ham. Hopefully it is not because he hasn't shown Conte the required application in training (there are rumours he is looking at getting back to Spain). It might just be that Conte is working him hard after a long injury absence, and he's not quite ready.

Hopefully he'll get a chance, because if Conte can get a performance out of Winks, he should be able to get Gio going. As Conte said, we need to be better in possession. A fit and motivated Lo Celso could help us with that.

I'm hoping that Conte involves say 4 x u23 players in the FA Cup v League 1 Morecambe (maybe 2 starting others off bench) on 9 January, which will rest a few more for the Chelsea game 2 days later.

A number of the u23's will be going on loan to Championship clubs (eg rumours of Markanday to Bournemouth) and League 1 clubs so this level of opposition is what the u23's will be expected to play at for the rest of the season.

Why are we playing Palace for the 2nd time before we've finished the first round of 19 games...... Even if you disregard the post-poned games, we've not faced S'oton yet.

Thought 'play everyone once; then reverse the fixtures' was the fundamental basis for the fixture list....???

:sonhmm:

That's odd. If we had had no postponed games we would have played 18 games with one more to play to reach half way through the fixture list.
The next game should have been Southampton, the only team yet to face us (including the postponed games). That said, we do play them 2 days after the Palace game.
If the Palace and Southampton games had been reversed, everything would havebeen fine.
It's not that odd really. It's almost certainly a consequence of the convoluted fixture list process, which includes such rules as:

- No team will play away on both Boxing Day and New Year's Day
- Travel for fans should be kept to a minumum on both dates

The computer will spew out a number of anomalies every year on those dates, which probably led to Palace and Southampton being reversed this season.

That's my theory anyway.

Back
Top Bottom