Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one should be blaming Conte. Its the same trouble we've had for 3 years now, a lack of creativity and a samey, slightly above average squad with a lack of real quality. Players need to start being moved on in January.
You have to blame him for thinking Dele can play a pacey wing role though surely? Bizarre selection

Really frustrating.

Too many long balls. We just needed to keep calm and be patient.

Son was utter fucking dogshit today.
I think there wasn't enough long balls in that last 20. It was one of those games that a great long pass from winks would decide it. We held it too long. With their entire team behind the ball

We did enough to win, but that isn’t saying a lot about our performance.

Kane and Son just not looking sharp enough, PEH and Dele offered almost nothing for us today, and Reguilon was rash and made a stupid play.

Good news is that I thought our defense looked calm and solid for the vast majority of the game. Gil looked great once again, and I even thought Doherty largely put in a decent shift.
Doherty put in a decent shift??? loooooooool

100%

son looks slow and scared to take players on

kane is improving to be fair could of had 2
Comparing them to last season and doesn't even seem the same players. Kane was amazing with his passes last season, now it seems like a good lot of his atteps are misplaced, and that cost us a lot as he's the only one capable of creating something from the front 3. Son only good quality is pace and his finishing, said that he ain't getting in good positions to finishing this season and lose so many attacs every games, by blocked shots, misplaced passes or losig the control. Despite I'm not a fan, maybe Moura is the only one that's playing good footbal by now, at least his runs creates spaces and opportunities an even it's not his main attribute he's assisting and getting some goals. We need to be a lot less predictable in the attack, by now is way to easy to mark Son and Kane.

No one should be blaming Conte. Its the same trouble we've had for 3 years now, a lack of creativity and a samey, slightly above average squad with a lack of real quality. Players need to start being moved on in January.
Southampton had 10 men and we continued to play with a back 5 and holding midfielders. Sure his system is proven to work but you need some kind of tactical flexibility for different scenarios. There was creativity on the bench but we brought on Doherty.

Don't know what you think, but I feel Son and Kane should have been doing a lot more for us, they've been poor since Nuno joined.
Son scored 3 game in a row when Nuno was here.

Kane was screwed up by himself trying to leave us but probably its Levy's fault making him disappointed with Wolves quality manager.

What really blunted us was having to put Doherty on at LWB. He just can’t use his left foot at all, if we’d had Sess we would have won. So many times he was in an attacking position and checked back to use his right.

Southampton had 10 men and we continued to play with a back 5 and holding midfielders. Sure his system is proven to work but you need some kind of tactical flexibility for different scenarios. There was creativity on the bench but we brought on Doherty.
He needed to take off Reggie or we'd have been down to ten as well. And although he can't shoot for shit, Doherty at least tried.

22 shots , 11 on target
Right so an average (other than the shot for the pen) of 0.17 per shot on target. Not out of the question to add up to 1.71 xG among those chances/efforts. In fairness this is an example of when xG is pretty meaningless.

I do agree that we didn't create clear cut chances. Other than the ones that ended in good goals that we were robbed of.

Back
Top Bottom