Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I said before that a draw was a reasonable result. That was based on our poor away form and that we were bound to slip up at some time. The way it started I would have accepted a draw but not when we played 50 mins against 10 men but could not score. Teams had stopped just defending against us but it showed that we still have a problem when they do. However we were unlucky with both the disallowed goals and another day they would have counted.

What a Whiney snide little club.. What is the point of Southampton? Never realised their fans are so clueless and whiney. Every challenge they cried about, every decision the ref gave they cried about.
Just a pointless nothing club that are there to make up the numbers.
What a bitchy fan base.

People are probably pissed because having 2 legit goals disallowed in the VAR era is frustrating.
One of them was offside tbf, although I thought it was on based on just eyesight. The other was a clear and obvious error because there was no foul. Not sure why VAR didn't intervene.

Are you sure? I keep hearing Kane is back from my friend the space invader but this seems like the type of game for him to get us a non-pen goal to take the 3 points...you know, 10 men and rubbish defenders like Bednarek. Would have put money on a 'back' kane to score a real goal.
Did you watch the game? Kane did score a brilliant 'real' goal.
VAR decided that the top of his left arm was offside by the width of a gnats foreskin.

Southampton had 10 men and we continued to play with a back 5 and holding midfielders. Sure his system is proven to work but you need some kind of tactical flexibility for different scenarios. There was creativity on the bench but we brought on Doherty.
That doesn't mean we are defensive, the full back were playing pretty much like wingers second half, nothing to do with tactics here. We scored 2 goals and Forster made 10 saves, the plan was good, our attackers let us down a bit and the referree disalowed 2 legal goals.

Yup. Some are delulded enough to think we are back and all that. Proper Rio Ferdinand Ole at the wheel type stuff. Lets see if they stop that or continue being deluded.
With consistency and a few additions in January we can finish 4th at best. With some luck we can hope for a cup. Anything more than that is absolutely fantasy.

No big shock.

Average squad packed with average players perform averagely.

If yr disappointed with the end of December you will be fucking furious at the end of January I’m afraid.

Squad needs gutting and Conte being here doesn’t change that.

So so so frustrated. We are crying out for a midfield passer who can play through the lines. Hojbjerg and Winks are just sideways, safe passers who have zero creativity.

He was far more involved in the game and added more to our attack than some others. Yes, his attempts were disappointing but I don’t think he was anywhere near our weakest player.
he is not a premier league footballer. Great he got in a few decent positions against 10 men but his end product is disgusting and he can't pass the ball. He was horrendous.

Back
Top Bottom