Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yesterday he played his 50th game for Benfica.
And speaks fluent Portuguese already! 😎

I look forward to him becoming part of our coaching set up. I was talking to a man who was D.O.F of a smaller team in the Netherlands and he said to me he tried to get a scouting network that had former Centerbacks scout centerforwards he said he had real success with it. As they knew what they hated playing against most what attributes worked. I thought it was a intriguing idea prehaps Jan can help us find a Harry replacement.

How much do we miss Super Jan. You don't realise what you've got until it's gone. Walker and Rose were a phenomenon, but anchored by Super Jan and Toby. That back 5: Hugo, Walker, Jan, Toby, Rose. Gotta be the best our club has ever had, and quite possibly will ever have

He’s absolutely done. I saw him live the last two weeks against Porto and Jesus Christ he plays like he’s 50 or something. Even Benfica fans what him out

Sad, probably my favourite player of the past 10-15 years, had an opportunity to go to Barca and rejected to stay with us in his prime. Never seen a defender so classy on the ball with us or anyone else.

Hope we get him back in a coaching role or something.

He’s absolutely done. I saw him live the last two weeks against Porto and Jesus Christ he plays like he’s 50 or something. Even Benfica fans what him out

Natalie Portman Crying GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Come home, Super Jan, surely we can find a role for him.

Back
Top Bottom