Watford VS Tottenham Saturday Jan 1st 2022 @3PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A few times? I'll need to see some stats on it but it's looked like a fuckload to me, and 'some good some poor' is a very positive outlook since to me it's minimum 80% useless and maybe 20% somewhat dangerous, and even some of them are because of deflections.

Conte's wing backs are given LOADS of license to attack. Hakimi got 7 goals 8 assists in Serie A last season, we all remember how Marcos Alonso thrived under him as well. Conte's teams are definitely very structured and with little room for 'flair', but the total lack of threat from our wing backs is not a tactical issue, it's a personnel one.
Maybe in teams that can defend, his wing backs have more freedom

As I’ve said, I’m more concerned with Son being turned into Dele

Funny how most games you would have to work fucking hard to get completely free on the right hand side as a fullback/wingback, but this game we have Royal open every single attack and we still can't get any single bit of dangerous attacking play from it.

I thought Royal delivered a few nice crosses. The issue is that Watford have everyone in the area. Add the two penalties that should have been called.

When we score a goal we will end up with 4.

Referee made a sign of the cross as he entered the field of play just now. Looks like even God's against us.

I know I'm guilty of knocking the conspiracy theories about refs/var etc but the wrestling match with Harry in the penalty area was so clearly ignored that I'm beginning to wonder....
I wonder if there isn't a tendency by officials to avoid making what might be a decisive call. In this case they call either the foul on Kane or the one on Dier and it goes from being a tight nil-nil game in the hands of the players to probably being over. In some ways you don't want a call to take the game out of the player's hands but you can't just ignore obvious fouls either.

breaking bad shut up GIF
Listening to the Irish commentator like

Maybe in teams that can defend, his wing backs have more freedom

As I’ve said, I’m more concerned with Son being turned into Dele

He's given wing backs freedom IMO, they're just showing a lack of quality.

I am getting worried about Son though. Increasingly just invisible in games.

Back
Top Bottom