January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing about Poch was, he was totally content to helm a Spurs project with a less lavish more youth-based strategy, so long as expectations were public and reasonable from the club and that he had some control over the comings and goings. It was the expectations of title contention with Steve Hitchen’s Lonely Hearts Club Band that really pissed him off and that he always complained in the press about. Poch wanted to play his football his way more than he wanted to win.

That ain’t Conte. He’s in football to win titles, he knows exactly what it takes, and if Spurs break their promise to him to do what it takes this is gonna be a real short trip.
Yes agree the relationship you feel is forged upon shaky ground it appears on the surface to be doomed to failure.

Football.London revealed yesterday that Conte has been told that money will be tighter this month due to the club’s activity during the summer and potential outlays on current loan signings.

He told Football.London: “My expectation is to speak with my club and then to tell them my opinion. The club will know after I speak and decision they want to make.”

Something worrying about that tone.
There is no way the bald maggot survives this if it goes south

It's deflection by Conte and the club to avoid further questions regarding transfers. As well as an attempt to not be fleeced by whatever club we are doing business with.

Same as every window. Moving on.

Shhhhh..... Igula Igula will think you're promising "half-priced players".

I would say you could expect a barrage of kisses too, but he's stopped doing that for some bizarre reason...... Funny things Mojo's; eh? :harrysmile:

It's deflection by Conte and the club to avoid further questions regarding transfers. As well as an attempt to not be fleeced by whatever club we are doing business with.

Yeah - it’s not like it’s happened for 20 years every other window prior …

Last edited:
It's BS click bait , Conte would have spoken to Levy and Paratici already

d1f.jpg

Well, if Spurs - and Levy - are beaten by Sheff Utd. to a player they're after.... well... :cool: 🤔

James Hill - Player profile 21/22

Blades hold ‘advantage’ in chase for Hill​

Fleetwood’s James Hill could be at the centre of the transfer saga of the winter window in League One with a plethora of teams reportedly interested in tempting him away from Highbury Stadium.
Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur have all been credited with an interest in the defender, however, it is Sheffield United who are believed to be the front-runners for the deal.
This is because Matt Hill, James’s father, played for the Blades at the end of his career with United hoping that this family tie could help them convince the defender, who turns 20 next week, to join up at Bramall Lane.
Hill had been a regular at Fleetwood at the beginning of the campaign but has been missing since early November due to injury.

Last edited:
Had Bergwijn went to Wolves at the same time instead of Podence we'd probably look at it a bit differently. I'd fancy Bergwijn at Wolves to be a respectable PL player with a better g/a tally than Podence has managed. Podence here would be stuck in the same rut as Bergwijn, often injured and stuck behind Kane and Son.
Agree

Case in point

Podence 4 goals in 50 games
Bergwijn 4 goals in 40 games...

wild eh!

Let's all relax about watching Wolves play a decent game.

Agree

Case in point

Podence 4 goals in 50 games
Bergwijn 4 goals in 40 games...

wild eh!

Let's all relax about watching Wolves play a decent game.
LMFAO

Are you honestly claiming Berg is the better player here?

Podence has been absolute mind for 2 years in the PL now

LOL

It sure will stop any fleecing, I am sure clubs are currently dropping prices for us based on this report.

Football.London revealed yesterday that Conte has been told that money will be tighter this month due to the club’s activity during the summer and potential outlays on current loan signings.

He told Football.London: “My expectation is to speak with my club and then to tell them my opinion. The club will know after I speak and decision they want to make.”

Something worrying about that tone.

I quite like that Conte is quite transparently taking no responsibility whatsoever for any transfer failings in the coming month.

He's outlining where his responsibilities are, and making it plainly clear that he can't do any more than provide his opinion to the real decision makers (well...... Levy).

Emerson's delivery wasn't great the other day, but I had some sympathy in that Kane is no longer a good target for the crosser. Watching it back there's very little for him to aim for on many occasions.
Kane has never really been dominant in the air.

LMFAO

Are you honestly claiming Berg is the better player here?

Podence has been absolute mind for 2 years in the PL now
I'm saying we should be looking at better quality players with better output than Podence and Adama if we want a genuine upgrage on Bergwijn/Lucas etc.

Back
Top Bottom