January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We do have the resources and if ENIC want any hope of staving off revenue stagnation they will.

We don’t have United’s ability to go get a Pogba or Sancho every summer but we don’t have to and they demonstrate that it’s no panacea anyway.

Say this for Paratici: his lot have already shown us more than the 2019 crop have, and for miles less money.

We have resources but not to the point where we can throw hundreds of millions at players only for them to all be flops. That would hurt any side.

It’s all just still a bit meh to me, and lacking a long term plan. We signed Emerson but then hired a manager who needs technically gifted wing backs.

Hopefully it improves. But my ability to be optimistic about signings is gone.

Trix over on SC -
For those with less time on their hands than me here's what the guy said.

(As a refresher trix got his ITK status IIRC as he used to rent out fishing boats and an agent used his services).

I've been holding back because of "creative ratings."

I carried on sharing within our back of house group.
I say when it's come from an agent and sometimes agents are better placed than Levy.
Or someone I know at the club and has been there for years.
I'll try again and probably for the last time.

Doc, TN, Dele, Rodon, Davinson, Bergwijn are all deemed surplus.
There are others we'd accept offers for.
Conte wants 3 in January, and 3 more in the summer.
The priority right now is for a CB that can play left and center, a RWB and an attacking option.
If the right AM become available we'd not turn our noses up.

I expect us to get at least two and probably the 3 Conte wants this month. I certainly wouldn't rule out more than that if we can get players moved on which again is down to FP now.

Last edited:
It’s incredible how much shit people on here give our former players.

But this takes the cake and is so ironic. “People have short memories”… “it was nearly two seasons”.

So I guess he was absolute shit in all of his second to last season? Where he scored 8 / assisted 12 in the PL, and scored 2 / assisted 4 in the Champions League - you know, the year when we were in the CL final?

What a joke.

He was indeed very bad in his last season imo. As was the rest of the team, but Eriksen perhaps stood out.

Nonetheless, he was consistently our top/top3 performer since 2013, playing more than 300 games, scoring 69 goals and assisting 90 times, and being one of the driving forces behind our best years in recent history.

Boiling that down to him being a “good player for a couple of years” is completely ridicolous and an attempt to rewrite history.

That said I’m not necessarily a fan of signing him now, but considering the current state of our CM’s and how people are constantly moaning over them, it is a bit weird not to consider him an option.
Wasn’t trying to erase history, I said nothing of the sort. The fact is, like every player, they are paid a handsome fee to perform to the best of their ability until the day they no longer serve the club. He in his last two seasons was poor by previous standards, pulling out of challenges and generally looking disinterested.

so to confirm, his last two seasons were shite compared to his peak years which coincided in him refusing to sign a new contract.

if you want to argue that fact, and quote a few stats then crack on. It was clear to see by his demeanour on the pitch. Not interested in getting into a debate. For me he’s nothing more than a decent ex player, who I wish well in the future

Just go quality rather unknowns or older players.
We need to look at buying players of quality like neves. May be 3 top quality players of that ilk and then 3?more up and coming. Say get neves, lapmtey and the CF in the next 2 windows plus 3 quality younger players that we can unearth. That should set us for a couple of years and continue to add next year whilst moving on the dead wood.

Got 5 laughs on my Lo Celso comment. Wow. Ok don’t think I’m just making crap up though. Giovanni Lo Celso is good at football. His problem is not how he plays but his attitude. He’s always injured and unmotivated. Now that bleeds into his decision making too and that’s why you guys don’t like him as a player. He’s 25 and this is about the time when players start getting serious. I say give him a run in the team and see what he does. He hasn’t gotten his last chance yet like Dele, Bergwijn (who did well on his last chance but hasn’t been given more which I find weird), and Doherty so why not? What do we have to lose? Literally nothing only gains cause if he takes his chance and starts playing well we’ve gained a great player and if not it we have a reason to sell him and we get money.

Although there are people who are paid to assess this. One or two signings in isolation… sure, but the volume of failures is outstanding

I think what's more worrying is how few players we buy seem to improve beyond any sense of belief.

Alli for a while, Bale most definitely and of course Kane but he was bought. Son was a good player and got better so include him.

But since Alli and Son there has been nothing, despite significant outlay..

It has to improve.

Got 5 laughs on my Lo Celso comment. Wow. Ok don’t think I’m just making crap up though. Giovanni Lo Celso is good at football. His problem is not how he plays but his attitude. He’s always injured and unmotivated. Now that bleeds into his decision making too and that’s why you guys don’t like him as a player. He’s 25 and this is about the time when players start getting serious. I say give him a run in the team and see what he does. He hasn’t gotten his last chance yet like Dele, Bergwijn (who did well on his last chance but hasn’t been given more which I find weird), and Doherty so why not? What do we have to lose? Literally nothing only gains cause if he takes his chance and starts playing well we’ve gained a great player and if not it we have a reason to sell him and we get money.

I reacted with a laugh, not because I thought it was a dumb comment or anything, but just because the idea he's going to be important is funny to me at this point. I've just lost all patience for either him or Ndombele, they've had years to show something and failed.

Does he have ability? Probably, I mean he shows it for his country and did show it for a while when he arrived. But whenever he plays now it's like he's not on the pitch. And as I said before, he never plays long enough to gather any momentum.

You may be right, and fair play if you are and showed faith in the player. But my patience in players 'coming good' extends only so long, and GLC has gone past that point.

Yes it was to Tommy do you need me to CC you on all posts? As I said I didn't rate him.

There is no hill to die on I am going to correctly point out that Tarkowski is better than Dier yes because he is.

Really couldn't care less if you have seen him live or laugh go ahead. Tarkowski is better than Dier which isn't saying much, my guess is without seeing you play you are better than Dier as well.
Ok Iggy. Yes You do have tag me directly as you chat such unmitigated crap I never read it. Your opinion on Tarkowski seriously under lines this. Can I ask you a couple of personal question iggy? Is English your first language? And do you have a significant other. I'm genuinely interested. I'm of the opinion you know nothing about football at all and doubt you have ever been to a live EPL game but what about the rest of your life. Is it rich and full? Any hobbies you actually understand?

Summary of Alisdair Gold's 50+min update (🙄). Of note is that he seems to say "Conte wants more than just transfers - they're overhauling the scouting department. More changes like that within the club are needed. "

If that's true then it's great, plenty of room for improvement there!!

. I've just lost all patience for either him or Ndombele, they've had years to show something and failed.

Does he have ability? Probably, I mean he shows it for his country and did show it for a while when he arrived. But whenever he plays now it's like he's not on the pitch. And as I said before, he never plays long enough to gather any momentum.

You may be right, and fair play if you are and showed faith in the player. But my patience in players 'coming good' extends only so long, and GLC has gone past that point.
The thing is it’s the same with Dele and Ndombele too and these 3 are our options to try and solve our biggest problem. Dele is burnt out and he isn’t doing anything to convince when he gets his chance. Ndombele has gotten the most playing time yet still disappoints so why don’t we give Lo Celso a real shot

Any hobbies you actually understand?

Igula Igula

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Summary of Alisdair Gold's 50+min update (🙄). Of note is that he seems to say "Conte wants more than just transfers - they're overhauling the scouting department. More changes like that within the club are needed. "

If that's true then it's great, plenty of room for improvement there!!

Parratici had been reported to be starting a major scouting overhaul before Conte even got here.......

Bring it on.

The thing is it’s the same with Dele and Ndombele too and these 3 are our options to try and solve our biggest problem. Dele is burnt out and he isn’t doing anything to convince when he gets his chance. Ndombele has gotten the most playing time yet still disappoints so why don’t we give Lo Celso a real shot
Why don't you change your username and avatar to that of a player that isn't a fucking total embarassment? It's shite like your little avatar pussy boy that will ensure our mediocrity for years to come.

Relax. Lo Celso is a good player, he's flawed, and he's not a great player, but he can be quite good and could offer plenty to our team.
Unfortunately his body does not conform to the expectations placed on it by high level sport.

Not only does he miss a ridiculous number of games, but naturally enough he struggles for the game time and fitness to actually build form and find his place in the team, and the PL generally. It's a shame. I do think he has a better chance of playing for Conte than Dele and Ndombele, but his injuries are a joke at this stage and we should move him on if a good opportunity comes about.

I have noticed that there has been no mention of Noni Madueke so far in this transfer window - neither on this forum nor in the press. Although it's not a priority right now Spurs do need a quality wide forward who can open up space and provide passes for Son & Kane (and others of course) upfront, and with Bergwijn wanting to leave Spurs will need either a backup or a regular starter.
No, I haven't given up on Gil at all but he will still take some time to adjust to life at Spurs it seems.

Last edited:
I have noticed that there has been no mention of Noni Madueke so far in this transfer window - neither on this forum nor in the press. Although it's not a priority right now Spurs do need a quality wide forward who can open up space and provide passes for Son & Kane (and others of course) upfront. No, I haven't given up on Gil at all but he will still take some time to adjust to life at Spurs it seems.

There has now.

Back
Top Bottom