Tottenham Hotspur v Moscow Blues | Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg | Wednesday 12 January 2022 | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly think stopping the game is what's new. There were medical emergencies in the stands often, game didn't stop though so no one not in that section was even aware.

Once one gets stopped, people think it's the new procedure when it happens now (including refs).

100 % this.

Remember loads and loads of times as a kid at stadiums that stewards rushed to a medical emergency and calls for a doctor was announced through stadium speakers. Never saw team physios get involved or the match being stopped.

I think it’s a new “trend” - and a positive one. And as someone said, defibs at the sidelines may have helped that trend as well.

Too many players out of there depth at this level, Keeper and back 5 nowhere near good enough, Conte needs backing or we will be looking for a new manager by summer

For all the praise Chelsea are getting. For all the grief we are getting.

We gifted them every one of the three goals.

No more messing about though. We better turn up on Sun.

I'm normally very chilled but even I'm starting to lose patience with a few of them. My language is on the verge of getting very fruity!
We didn’t make them work for a single goal

The Simpsons GIF

True, I don't know the rules. But if there is an increase in heart issues causing this (which is not proven), it could still be covid related and not vaccine.

Can COVID-19 Cause Heart Attacks?​

The COVID-19 virus can cause a variety of heart issues, including heart attacks.

“COVID induces a strong inflammatory response in the body. That inflammatory response in people who have heart disease can cause a blood clot to form within a blockage (plaque) causing the classic heart attack. People who experience this must go to the cath lab (catheterization laboratory) to get a stent or similar procedure to get the blockage open,” Dr. Langager says.

Due to all the inflammation, COVID can also cause heart damage without necessarily leading to a heart attack. This damage may be temporary or permanent.

Can COVID-19 Cause Heart Inflammation (Myocarditis)?​

The heart inflammation caused by COVID-19 can directly cause myocarditis. Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle that can impact a heart’s ability to pump, leading to hazardous heart rhythms. When someone has this condition, it can be very dangerous to exercise.

“That’s why there’s so much concern about athletes who contract COVID-19. The exertion put into their sport, with a damaged heart from myocarditis, can cause dangerous heart rhythms, which is known to lead to sudden death,” Dr. Langager says.

Back
Top Bottom