NO NLD SUNDAY... 'cos FARCENAL are too chicken shit to turn up!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any team news yet??
It's not long till kick off, and still not a peep from the OS...
DISGRACE!!

...in other news, the Brickies was virtually empty, there's ONE bloke in the Coach and Horses (but I suspect he's been there since the 1970's),
...and the Dispensary is like a ghost town! Where IS everyone?

...on the plus side, I BREEZED through security... no fucker on the turnstile, do they not WANT to check COVID passes etc?
No wonder it's spreading like wildfire!

The atmosphere is a bit dead in here atm tbh, but hey... still 45 mins till k.o, so it could all change!

Enjoy the game peeps...

COYS!

This sort of thing along with what happened with this game cancellation is actually more serious than people realize. In all seriousness, what does this say to the kids?

My son’s academy plays against cheaters all of the time. Other teams sneak in older players and ineligible players in league and cups all the time. These clubs will blatantly send out multiple #8s and #5s, etc., where it was obvious that the game where we beat them those kids weren’t there. They send in reinforcements so that they can “win”.

My son once asked me, “Papi, everyone cheats against us. Are we ever going to do it back?” To which I say, “no, we will never cheat. In the end, cheaters may win a match or tournament, but it is wrong to cheat and it will hurt them in the long run.”

I am serious about this. What does this sort of thing tell our kids? It’s just wrong!

Shame he's West Ham... 'cos I kinda like him!
This sort of thing along with what happened with this game cancellation is actually more serious than people realize. In all seriousness, what does this say to the kids?

In the end, cheaters may win a match or tournament, but it is wrong to cheat and it will hurt them in the long run.”
I am serious about this. What does this sort of thing tell our kids? It’s just wrong!
Unfortunately, it teaches them that in this world, CHEATS PROSPER!

My son’s academy plays against cheaters all of the time. Other teams sneak in older players and ineligible players in league and cups all the time. These clubs will blatantly send out multiple #8s and #5s, etc., where it was obvious that the game where we beat them those kids weren’t there. They send in reinforcements so that they can “win”.

My son once asked me, “Papi, everyone cheats against us. Are we ever going to do it back?” To which I say, “no, we will never cheat. In the end, cheaters may win a match or tournament, but it is wrong to cheat and it will hurt them in the long run.”

I coached a few years back and when we went to pay Thurrock, they insisted on a 1.30 KO so they could get their Eastern junior Alliance players to play ( as they had an early KO somewhere else) I didn't, I booked a 10 O'clock KO and we thrashed them 8-0.
When we played them at their ground , we had to play at 1.30 and they narrowly beat us 3-2 .
The moral of the story is its all about the coaches ego and nothing to do with player progression.
There are some absolute wankers involved in youth football, with a handful of really nice people who do things the right way.

I saw that
That guy is the biggest pussy on here.
Hes such a pompous arse

I don't know, it's not about that.

It's about the attitude at Spurs, for me. Around Spurs. Just like when someone here criticises a transfer window, and these kind of people demand that this random internet guy has a football scouting network in his bedroom at home. Who would you want us to sign, hu?

Perhaps we should simplify expectations.

Perhaps simply expecting Spurs to ACT like a big club rather than continue to TALK (and price) itself like one. For 21 fucking years.

Last edited:

Totally agree...
When ELSE are young players EVER gonna get a chance to play..?
Times like these should be EMBRACED to potentially unearth a youth gem who takes his opportunity to shine ...

Imagine how you'd feel as an U-23 player, given the circumstances, STILL didn't get a chance?

Leeds are doing it, and (as it stands) they're doing alright.

ArseAnal running for the hills and panicking, just cos they don't have the first XI available is as shocking as it is disgusting!

I fucking hope we beat their FIRST team in the rearranged fixture, then they'll wonder what might have been....

Gunner Runner Cunts!

If the West Ham/Leeds result stays as it is, how sweet would that have been watching it in the pub pre-match?
And what a boost it would've been going into the game?!!

I coached a few years back and when we went to pay Thurrock, they insisted on a 1.30 KO so they could get their Eastern junior Alliance players to play ( as they had an early KO somewhere else) I didn't, I booked a 10 O'clock KO and we thrashed them 8-0.
When we played them at their ground , we had to play at 1.30 and they narrowly beat us 3-2 .
The moral of the story is its all about the coaches ego and nothing to do with player progression.
There are some absolute wankers involved in youth football, with a handful of really nice people who do things the right way.

💯 ! Cheating at the highest levels just makes the problem worse as it gives the green light to coaches and kids that it is okay to cheat to “win”. It becomes harder to persuade kids to do things the right way when they see cheaters like Woolwich get away with it.

Last edited:
knowing thr premier league and how they want to always fuck us over they probably won’t let us use our new signings in February when the game is rescheduled. ( if we make signings that is 🤞🤞🤞)
This would not surprise me. I also would not be surprised if they told us we can’t use players that were injured (Son, Dier, Romero). And let Woolwich use their injured players. That blatant.

💯 ! Cheating at the highest levels just makes the problem worse as it gives the green light to coaches and kids that it is okay to cheat to “win”. It becomes harder to persuade kids to do things the right way when they see cheaters like Woolwich get away with cheating.
2 things in professional football that piss me off is kicking the ball away or holding onto it and wrestling at corners, kids see it and start copying.
Its got to be stopped by the FA.

2 things in professional football that piss me off is kicking the ball away or holding onto it and wrestling at corners, kids see it and start copying.
Its got to be stopped by the FA.
Part and parcel. Maybe we should start with var and diving and cheating to get games postponed...maybe get to that last

Back
Top Bottom