January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Traore is not the answer. Getting rid of Ndombele is not the answer, getting rid of Dele is not the answer, yes, they need coaching/hand around the shoulder and a dose of cop on.
Why is there talks of getting rid of Bergwijn?

Dier, Winks, Davies and Doherty all have to go. They are average players (at best!) that no other team in big 6 would have in their starting 11.

Levy is a big problem- wouldn't pay 3mill extra to get Tomiyasu, wont pay the money (if it comes to it) for Vlahovic. Conte wanting a player like Traore is not where we need to be.
Lamptey, Milenkovic, Kessie, Vlahovic, Aouar- these are the players/types of players to be getting in. Get rid of the earlier list and if we need the coppers then by all means use Ndombele/Dele or Bergwijn then, and only then.

We could be Everton, but we"re not. Look at how Chelsea have moved on since our last trophy, not only in terms of trophies but who they get in, they've made mistakes as well no doubt. We"re the 4th best team in London at the moment.

Bunch of fucking kids in here...are we there yet...this isn't the ice-cream I wanted, that other kid's getting a bigger ice-cream than me...
I am sorry but you are wrong. The fact is every Spurs fan is now scared of the inevitable that we do not back the manager and we sign and he walks in the Summer after falling out with Levy when not backed again. We all can see that Spurs lack leaders on the pitch and that is why Hojberg plays. We can see that we have spent poorly and that means our squad is so much weaker than 5 years ago. The chopping and changing of managers has not helped but the squad has so many problems now that it is in major decline.

When Conte walks we will fall away and move back to the mediocrity of the 90s. The fact is we cannot compete money wise without Champions League football and the odds of that get less like;y if we do not get that this season. Spurs and Woolwich as clubs as part of the Big Six are on the cliff edge and one of us will fall off this season because neither of us have the financial backing from our owners to keep up and we do not have the fan base the size of Liverpool's or Man Utd's.

This is why our fan base is so antsy for signings but I do not expect us to make any but I do expect us to sell Bergwijn and weaken our squad.

Same shit, different day.

Of course it is when you F5 the fuck out of this thread and constantly read every update from aggregators, journo's ITK's etc...it becomes very tedious because transfers are at the forefront of your mind and let's be real the vast majority of those updates are either rehashed of old stories or complete and utter bullshit anyway.

We're in an era now where transfer fandom is rife and football fans have shiny new toy syndrome so the expectancy levels are at a peak, it never used to be like this - people just need to chill out and wait and do something else with their lives.

Yeah...and they've still added them to their list...don't these cunts watch football?
No they do not watch football owners are clueless when it comes to Football apart from maybe the ones who use Data Analytics when it comes to running a football club. I know most of the Everton fan base were against it but I think Martinez would have been a great appointment I think he has learnt a lot managing Belgium and knows the Premier League.

I’d imagine there are supporters at all those clubs, even City, having meltdowns as it’s not so much a Spurs thing, or even a football thing, but a symptom of the self entitled instant gratification with too much access to anything posing as information social media world we live in.
With respect mate and I appreciate your probably a lot younger than myself I would hardly call spurs fans self entitled after 30 plus years without winning anything of note.
I think part of the problem is that the fans have settled for second best with no real pressure to succeed on anyone at the club.
Many of the younger fanbase much like yourself see reaching last week's semi final as achievement but it isn't.
The owners, management and players have been getting away with it for years underachieving and under investment in this club it's about time it changed.

Could be worse, we could be Everton...Mourinho and Nuno have been added to the list of managerial candidates...

Looking at state of Everton with their position in table and everything + if Nuno gets the gig... maybe we can ship Dele there for modest 45 mil EUR? :D

Nuno seemed to like Dele, and Everton is known to stupidly splash money all around...

RWB incoming!!!!!

Unless he’s something really special I can’t imagine we’ll be seeing him for a while (assuming this is accurate), but I do love this kind of signing. I actually think a huge part of our decline is that we stopped investing in talent from the lower leagues, with Clarke at a primary sum being the only foray since Dele.

Signing potential from the leagues below had been a huge part of our improvement going all the way back to Jol.

Back
Top Bottom