January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we'll do business eventually but January is very difficult especially in a market where clubs don't want to deplete their squads and also want top dollar. Having said that there should really be players available to improve us.

Haha from Chelsea who hoover up talent like a Russian trawler, to Levy and Hitchen who feck about like an old married couple arguing about whether to have Lamb or Beef for Sunday lunch. Then come lunchtime they have a bowl of cornflakes cos the butchers is now closed

I know nothing of this guy, but I'd like to think he was involved in their youth scouting rather than first team scouting.
Their youth have given them a number of first team players and players to sell for decent money recently.
Ours has been far less successful in recent seasons.

I think we'll do business eventually but January is very difficult especially in a market where clubs don't want to deplete their squads and also want top dollar. Having said that there should really be players available to improve us.

Throw a dart at the championship table and take the best centre mid from which ever club it lands on. That would improve us

Romero is neither. He's been a tremendous waste of money so far as he's barely played a game.
A lot of people do this , over romanticise players who are out injured . From what I remember, he was okay . Maybe better than what we have but that’s not saying much .

Last edited:
I do agree, to some extent. But if we're going to act skint all the time then maybe we should be looking at stepping stone players to improve us initially, sell for a profit then reinveat again.
We used to do that really well.
It also started the cycle of winning the best part of fuck all for two decades.

A big club, a club that's serious about winning titles, should not have the strategy of buying players with the intention of selling for a profit. They should be buying players who can help them win football matches and titles.

I know nothing of this guy, but I'd like to think he was involved in their youth scouting rather than first team scouting.
Their youth have given them a number of first team players and players to sell for decent money recently.
Ours has been far less successful in recent seasons.
looked at his surname, and noticed musonda whos been in their academy for years

dont know if related

Back
Top Bottom