Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Low block doesnt mean theres an impenetratable wall. Theres still a lot of space that a fast human can run through.

I hope he is amazing but the main issue is our midfield and unless we sort that we'll continue to have the same issues imo.

Otherwise we will end up with Jose football, continuous lateral passes and hopeful % balls swung in from wide

I hope he is amazing but the main issue is our midfield and unless we sort that we'll continue to have the same issues imo.

Otherwise we will end up with Jose football, continuous lateral passes and hopeful % balls swung in from wide
Not disagreeing with that. We need better players next to skipp.

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Its not like theres 50 players forming a straight line that no one can run through. Theres always spaces and a fast player can run through there especially one that is very very strong as well.

Speed only matters if you have space to break in to.

Fact is alot of teams are happy sitting in their half against us and hoping for a lucky break.

We need more intelligent creative players to solve that issue. A straight line runner will be more of the same in that scenario

Not overly excited about it and would much rather actually get a. a good player and b. a player that we don't have to hope can adapt to the position he is most likely going to be used in, but at least it is an attempt to do something which is how low the bar is set with transfers and Spurs now.

It also was getting tiresome being frustrated with the same old guys so if nothing else we at least get someone new to frustrate us.
With the deal 99% certain, I think we can move on to discussing what his impact will be.

I think he will help us create more chances, which we'll utilise in a way Wolves didn't as long as neither Son or Kane get long term injuries.

But another issue with Adama is his stamina. It's important to not use him for 90 minutes each game, as he'd be fatigued and thus easy to deal with.
Emerson would sub on for him, who is solid RWB option but clearly can't attack.

So it will be vital that we also buy an attacking mid in this window. This gives us more tactical variety, as we can be dangerous with both 3-4-3 and 3-5-2.
Our current midfield 3 in the 3-5-2 is just not dangerous enough against most teams.

With the deal 99% certain, I think we can move on to discussing what his impact will be.

I think he will help us create more chances, which we'll utilise in a way Wolves didn't as long as neither Son or Kane get long term injuries.

But another issue with Adama is his stamina. It's important to not use him for 90 minutes each game, as he'd be fatigued and thus easy to deal with.
Emerson would sub on for him, who is solid RWB option but clearly can't attack.

So it will be vital that we also buy an attacking mid in this window. This gives us more tactical variety, as we can be dangerous with both 3-4-3 and 3-5-2.
Our current midfield 3 in the 3-5-2 is just not dangerous enough against most teams.
My biggest issue with him is that he is NOT a wing back. A wing back needs to be up and down all game long. Can he defend with tanganga behind him??

Can’t wait for all the abuse he’s getting on here around 2 mins into his debut.
I think he will not get a lot of criticism here or elsewhere. He's new and people like new players because they are new. Plus I don't think he will be expected to come in and start. Until he gets his bearings defensively I could see him coming off the bench as a change of pace and being effective in that role. Where he would get criticized is next season if he does start and makes defensive errors or still doesn't produce in the final third.

Adama and Ndombele. Compare and contrast.

Wolves boss Bruno Lage said of Traore on Friday: "We have a top player with us, a lovely guy. Sometimes it’s about business.

"And we will protect our player because we believe a lot in Adama. That is business. It’s not my concern. But I will protect my players. The way they work, the value for me is very high."

He added: "I don’t see any difference in his behaviour, his mentality, the way he works. So I’m happy with him. He continues to be the same player.

"He just has one more year left. The club talk with him and he talks with them and they will decide the future. I’m happy with him, it’s the only thing I can say. He’s focused, he’s ready.

"My attention and focus is every time on the next game and I don’t think about if Adama stays with us or not. For now, he’s with us so I’m preparing the game with him."

That one still annoys me.
We'd have either ruined him, and he'd be out on loan to Burnley by now, or he'd have had SUCH an amazing first season for us, Man City would be sniffing around anyway, and we'd be spending the next few days waiting for the inevitable 'BREAKING NEWS' from Skhyte Sports News!

Wolves fans are not to happy with Spurs bunch of cunts!!!

Fray Bentos

Fray Bentos

Senior Member​

Tell levy to **** off.

————————

Irishyido92

Irishyido92

Just doesn't shut up​

I hope that Conte stiffs Spuds legally just like he did Chavski.
————————-

RealBale RealBale

RealBale RealBale

Just doesn't shut up​

Spurs, what an odious club they are, from the management, players, fans, utterly odious captain. As Ferguson used to say, "I wouldn't give them a virus."

——-

Liverpooltrololol

Liverpooltrololol

Just doesn't shut up​

what ever he is sold for if he ends up at spurs will be a mistake for the player

——-

David Williams

Well-Known Member​

Levy is just an extension of their awful fan base, they are all slimy Bast***s who deserve F*** All. He will play this game like he always does, signing doesn’t happen then at least they tried. When you look at the dog crap players they have signed in the past few years Traore must be nuts to even consider the move.

——-

Fuck off you bunch of cunts!!!! If we want Traore, he comes and there’s nothing you 2 bob wankers can do about it. Cry me a river 😭😭😭
I'm honestly baffled why so many of these no mark clubs from the middle of nowhere like Wolves and Leicester have such a weird chip on their shoulders when it comes to Spurs. I've literally never spent more than 3 minutes in my entire life thinking about Wolves. Go and worry about someone on your own level, like fucking Stoke City.

Back
Top Bottom