CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

seriously people, you have to stop this refereeing corruption bullshit.

Harry put pressure on Silva, so he went over

turn that round into our box with Lukaku and Dier - and you lot would have been screaming blue murder if it had been given.

deal with it, there have been much bigger talking points this season

It's not corruption, it's incompetence.

The contact is minimal, nowhere near enough to cause Silva to go down. He dives. It's the same situation as when Bergwijn dived for a free kick and it wasn't given about 10 minutes beforehand. If the contact isn't enough to cause you to go down, you can't fake it and try and earn a free kick.

Maybe people would, but that wouldn't mean they're right to do so. Most neutrals and both commentators on the game didn't think it was a foul, so this isn't a 'crazy spurs fans thinking world is against them' situation, it's a legitimate mistake by the ref.

Sessegnon offers nothing seriously, no aggression, no determination.

Whoever signed him, knows nothing.
Rayan Aït-Nouri or Mitchell will be a better cover.

Tangaga trying his best, it's the ball retention that we have to work at.

Bergwijn first match back finally, but tough match to play

Sessegnon has been good so far today.

Rayan Al-Nouri is garbage.

Sessegnon is a good option as our second choice LWB, odd to see him getting called out today.

Good half, I would say our first half has quitened down the home crowd, but that would not be difficult to achieve.

For a home game with their biggest rival their support is pathetic

He literally put his hand on him. It's a contact sport supposedly. If you think that was a push then you must be a right snowflake.
I did not know why it is so hard to understand but let me make my point clear then: players will always use such "pushes" to their advantage ... because many of them are "snowflakes" and that is why it was not wise of Kane do push or shove him with his arm no matter how soft it was.
VAR even canceled a goal for Spurs when Fraser jumped into Doherty and lost the ball but got the free-kick.

How did English referees get worse with VAR
They feel comfortable making speculative decisions under the assumption that VAR will act as a safety net if they get it wrong. But it isn't working that way, of course.

Refs the joke. VAR just confirmed his decision. Should have given the goal and VAR check and its a goal.

I am fucking sick of useless terrible referees in the PL constantly fuck up matches. And VAR! What's the point. Why can't it overrule the Refs shite decision on that. God forbid VAR gave something instead of taking it away.
Did you see the penalty given to liverpool? Utterly and completely wrong. Disgraceful

Back
Top Bottom