CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There’s no point getting worked up about Chelsea. If they were in our position, they would have Vlahovic, De Jong and De Ligt signed before the end of the month.

They’ve just dropped 100 million on a striker that looks lost. And it doesn’t matter, they’ll sack him off and go for Haaland.

They’re just doped up cunts.
This is an important point.

If we mess up a signing like LUkaku, we are horribly hamstrung by the money wasted.

When they do? No problem, just buy another one.

fucked off beyond belief

Why do we just shrink and go to shit when we are conned out of something? Completely threw us and we stopped trying.

If we can’t hack the god awful decisions.. just walk off the pitch. Yes we take a 0-3 loss but it’s fucking action.

That said, I hope the ref sleeps well tonight.

It’s the gulf in ability that really hurts. We’re fucking miles off them.

Oh and Conte has had a stinker today if you ask me. Poor tactics. Poor player selection. A day for him to forget.

On the plus side it has made me
#Traorein
you don't measure the gap in distance
you measure the gap in Pounds Sterling.

Our results against them have been shit, ever since they started spending money they never earned, being run by people who placed no value on the money they made available to develop the club.

Initially it was people who spent other peoples money to do it

And then they were bought out when they nearly put the club into oblivion - by a man who who was gifted wealth beyond reason, that he never earned (from a man currently trying to start WW3) and that he uses to purchase titles and silverware by prostituting a club that was already the equivalent of a drug raddled, ageing whore.

ie - doing exactly what a lot of people on here would like us to do. Spend money we didn't earn, so we can join the cabal of whores.

We can move on after this inevitability.

I just hope Conte doesn't go off on one.

The pieces can change but the result stays the same.

I am calm.

Let's start another run now

Still in our hands.

Why the fuck should Conte go on, this is as much on him as the players. He got his selection and tactics wrong, as well as his in-game management.

He should have changed things at HT or at latest when it went 0-1, the passive 442 was not working.

This Chelsea side is stronger than us for sure, and I rate Tuchel, but they aren’t fucking City, Conte’s tactics were way too passive and insipid and he was way to slow to react to what was happening out there.

Watch Brighton and you will see that those players can actually pass the ball and do basic shit. Certainly wouldn’t see any of them doing dumb shit like Tanganga today.

I genuinely believe we are massively punching above our weight so far this season. It’s like Conte said, every game we play is a massive struggle for us, our midfield hasn’t dominated a game yet this season unless they are playing against a Newcastle or a Watford.

I've watched Brighton plenty under Potter and yes this play decent football, which I've praised plenty of times on here. They will probably end up between 9th-12th.

They aren't on our level, and while they have a few I'd happily see in a Spurs shirt they don't have 7-8 that just walk into our team as you claim. that's just bonkers talk.

There’s no point getting worked up about Chelsea. If they were in our position, they would have Vlahovic, De Jong and De Ligt signed before the end of the month.

They’ve just dropped 100 million on a striker that looks lost. And it doesn’t matter, they’ll sack him off and go for Haaland.

Bingo

I may have missed it but yours is the first post that has mentioned how awful Lukaku looks. Although neither scored, I’d say Kane looked more influential (he had to be because our MF…)

This is the issue with big money buys - sometimes they just don’t pay off.

Rudiger went mental at his midfield for not tracking and letting us a half a chance…..
Wink fell over himself and nearly cost us and dire just walked off. Says it all about our mentality.
You're talking nonsense. Both Dier and Sanchez were screaming their heads off for the entire game. You can have a go at them for other things, but not for not showing passion.

Everton drew there, Burnley drew there, Brighton drew there, Leeds were only beaten with a last minute pen. We're not fucking Division 2 minnows. I can take not getting a result but we' ve barely given them a game yet again.
That’s what irks me too. It’s easy to hide behind this they’re class. They’ve been a mid 60’s to low 70’s league team in each of the past 4 seasons and they’ve been pretty shit all this season.

We never turned up for the third time running in three weeks against them. They barely had to break sweat or work for their win. Burnley, Everton, Brighton and even Leeds in defeat all put our efforts to shame.

We’re so passive, timid and fearful all the time in big games away from home and it was like that even peak Pochettino. 1 win at Stamford Bridge since 1990, 1 league win at Woolwich since 1993, can’t even remember when we last won at Anfield.

Why the fuck should Conte go on, this is as much on him as the players. He got his selection and tactics wrong, as well as his in-game management.

He should have changed things at HT or at latest when it went 0-1, the passive 442 was not working.

This Chelsea side is stronger than us for sure, and I rate Tuchel, but they aren’t fucking City, Conte’s tactics were way too passive and insipid and he was way to slow to react to what was happening out there.
I actually think the 4-4-2 did alright in the first half. It wasn't perfect but it limited the damage after a bright first 10 from them.

The big problem was not changing things at halftime though.

I get sitting back for 45 and then going for it in the second half. We did the first part, but not the second.

Japhet should have been off at halftime, bring on another midfielder and go 3-5-2.

It is not even close to as much on him as the players, that is insane. Look at the crap he had to choose as starter and the crap he had on the bench.

There is no formation, tactic, line-up change that makes us competitive with Chelsea.

We have zero quality MFers outside of Skipp who is injured, 21 and in his first PL season. How is he supposed to create a game plan against Chelsea when Winks, PEH can't pass, can't keep the ball and you have to by pass the MF completely because there is zero options?

Conte said he’s had to pick a formation based on the players he had available... not sure you can play expansive football against Chelsea with Hojbjerg and Doherty among others.

Back
Top Bottom