CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Simple for me. Chelsea went into another gear in the 2nd half. Our players were still in the locker room.

Continue to fold so easily in big matchups

We are all frustrated with that, It's fucking annoying not turning up at Stamford Bridge.

But let's not all over react. That's the first loss under Conte, our form is among the best in the league and 4th is still well in our hands. That's another fixture down that we always chalk up as a defeat, and the Goons have gained 1 point on us.

It's an important week in the transfer window, let's see if he's backed.

We got important players to come back in plus hopefully at least 3 additions.

So let's not all go off and commit Hari Kari just yet ay?

Footballs evolved a lot since then. Speed merchants with little else arent as effective. Lucas is a better player.
Completely disagree. His pace made it easy to beat his man if he had space. Are you telling me that he wouldn't be effective with our style of play, being a counter attack when we find the right moment to break?

They’re miles ahead of us. They won the Champions League last year for fuck’s sake where as we got dumped out of the Europa League conference group stage.

It’s fine. I can accept losing to the better team but anyone with more than 6 brain cells will understand that the gap that exists between the two clubs doesn’t just get bridged by bringing a manager in. You need to improve the quality of the team as well. It’s like giving Lewis Hamilton a fucking Corsa and expecting him to win the F1.

Levy has got just over a week. If we do not make meaningful steps this month towards improving our squad then we risk losing the best manager we will ever get at this club to a club that does not lack ambition.
Spot on, this week is massive for the clubs owners.

I don't expect five new players coming in but we need a couple of additions at least and hopefully a few moving on

Plenty of blame to go around for this one.

The ref and VAR for not giving Kane’s goal, downright scandalous.

The players for basically putting in four gutless pathetic performances against Chelsea.

Antonio for talking us down after the first leg and bizarre selection and tactics today.

yet again a Tanganga mistake leads to a goal, this time lost hudson-Odohi who gat the pass for their goal
He didn’t ‘lose’ him, he just couldn’t go near him. It was poor - but the goal wasn’t one you see often, and came after the ball had moved out to a safe(ish) place. IMO, Davies or Sanchez (?) could have charged Ziyech down - but I expect to see impossible worldies whenever we play them.

Hate them.

Everton drew there, Burnley drew there, Brighton drew there, Leeds were only beaten with a last minute pen. We're not fucking Division 2 minnows. I can take not getting a result but we' ve barely given them a game yet again.

The idea that we know have to just give up against big teams is a pretty weak mentality for people to have especially when it is clear that smaller clubs don't have that attitude.

But you are right this is what 4 games this year where we were not even close to them and looked awful. I am not going to kill the team for losing to a talented team like Chelsea but when we look so awful that is problem.

Completely disagree. His pace made it easy to beat his man if he had space. Are you telling me that he wouldn't be effective with our style of play, being a counter attack when we find the right moment to break?
He’d be no better than saint maximin in the modern game, IMO. Which isn’t bad, but he was a one dimensional player. Provided a lot of value to us in his career but nowhere near the level of players like son.

Back
Top Bottom