January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apologies for going a bit off topic, I can't think where else to post this question...

In the forthcoming international break, what games involving our players are taking place? I know there is a round of matches in South America which will mean Emerson, Sánchez and Lo Celso (if he's still our player) being away, but elsewhere?

Wijnaldum is a nice idea but why would he leave PSG to come here? He went there to win some easy medals not to suffer for a Europa League position.

I bet if we really pushed we would get him but why would Levy push for a 30 year old on a high salary? The most important thing for Levy in January is that the player is cheap. How good they are doesn't matter.
I don't think he went there to win easy medals, he is not Poch who has won nothing in his career. Wijnaldum has the CL and PL from his time at Liverpool. The money and and the physically less demanding league were the attractions imo.

Apologies for going a bit off topic, I can't think where else to post this question...

In the forthcoming international break, what games involving our players are taking place? I know there is a round of matches in South America which will mean Emerson, Sánchez and Lo Celso (if he's still our player) being away, but elsewhere?
Nien.

In no other business can you get away with charging elite level prices while delivering a mediocre product.
aberdeen-steak-house-restaurant-in-piccadilly-london-uk-G2CM9P.jpg

That's all I think. Sonny wasn't called for South Korea, and the European countries don't play in this break.

He’s an odd one. Kept telling me he isn’t a fan of enic but spends most of his time defending them & starting on people who criticise them. Not surprised he doesn’t want to admit to being another airfixx though.
I know mate I have him on ignore just click on it every now and then to see what is being said.
He ruins thread after thread his whole thing is to crush or try to crush and dissention within the fanbase.

we still have GLC,ndombelè, dele alli and tanganga in the squad. that is f depressing
amrabat would be a cheap buy, useful to back up skipp (and nothing more)
We don’t need back up. Conte has clearly stated we need ‘important players’ to reach an ‘important level’.

I’d rather risk it with the youth squad than purchase another pointless clogger.

I know you’d like that but….will tomorrow be Traore Tuesday🤷‍♂️😎😂

I like to think I'm a nice person, so I won't say what other users will to apparent ITK other than, there isn't enough salt in the world IMO.

Traore may happen. I for one welcome him as a player who can drive us forward in games and keep the ball further up the pitch.
Anyone else of any kind of quality we need isn't coming in January. We could show all the interest there is, and even get the cheque book out. But that kind of quality isn't coming to Spurs now.

For me the biggest embarassing thing that levy does is charging one of the highest ticket prices in world football (if not the highest) for a team thats obviously not good enough to be one of the top 2. It smacks of religious/cult leaders taking advantage of believers.

In no other business can you get away with charging elite level prices while delivering a mediocre product.

Talking about this with the family yesterday.
West End musicals. That's who charges obscene money for a mediocre product.
Mrs is going to my nieces hen do. £200 for Mamma fucking Mia.
Two hundred quid for a repeated, rehearsed singalong.
How can they justify that? Literally anyone who can hold a note can do it, no level of consequence or competition, 2 shows a day, most days a week.
Ludicrous money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom