January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

paratici follows many targets, but has his favorites.
maybe not now, maybe not in the summer but at the end he buys his targets: ask to juventus fans how long there were voices for federico chiesa for example. or for cuadrado.
after 2 years of voices he eventually got them.
for these reasons I suggest some names: icardi, dybala, kessiè, paredes, zaniolo, milinkovic-savic, szoboszlai, zurkowski ..they are all possible targets

if paratici does not buy anyone is because he can't spend money and orders are to revalue players that already are in the squad
Seen how you write, I suspect you are Fabio himself. That's why he's always on his phone...he's just out here on TFC to defend his job

Mrw GIF

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

I can forgive us for the three signings that are ending up at bigger clubs. Even at our best a few years ago, no way we’re beating any off Juve, Liverpool or Barcelona to any player they want unless it’s a Spurs fan. That’s not a money thing, that’s a ‘we’re not in their league’ thing.

What I’ll not forgive is if at the end of the window the squad is not tangible stronger than at the start. Struggling to shift players or not, just give them the Adebayor/ Danny Rose treatment if needs be and give their squad space to someone who is actually deserving. We’re making a huge loss on them regardless as they’re not coming good any time soon, so bite the fucking bullet.

I'd love Raphinha here but why the hell would Leeds contemplate selling when they are on the edge of a relegation fight? Selling him could be the difference between staying up and going down.

My exact thoughts with this. Leeds are in some jeopardy of the drop, and selling a player of his caliber really could make the difference.
I'd love Raphina, but don't see this happening at all.

That's no excuse, any player's agent would already be sniffing out alternative interest in order to drive up the wage offers anyway.

Liverpool didn't just spring into action after hearing about our bid for Diaz whilst browsing twitter.

It was much better in the 90's though when the first you heard of a transfer was the official announcement, and of course no bloody TW, and no YouTube or internet to tell you from the off just how shite Ramon Vega actually was.

Maybe in the case of Diaz that's true, but I'd bet my arse teams have seen media coverage that has made them act before.

Bullshit, let's not start it.

I can forgive us for the three signings that are ending up at bigger clubs. Even at our best a few years ago, no way we’re beating any off Juve, Liverpool or Barcelona to any player they want unless it’s a Spurs fan. That’s not a money thing, that’s a ‘we’re not in their league’ thing.

What I’ll not forgive is if at the end of the window the squad is not tangible stronger than at the start. Struggling to shift players or not, just give them the Adebayor/ Danny Rose treatment if needs be and give their squad space to someone who is actually deserving. We’re making a huge loss on them regardless as they’re not coming good any time soon, so bite the fucking bullet.

Also Conte won’t be playing Ndombele so it’s a choice between getting rid of someone for free and saving £200k a week in wages or keeping Ndombele and have him take 200k a week not even on the bench. That’s £10m a year! 3 years left on his contract that’s £30m saved even if he left for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom