January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy is so generous he'll accept a loan for Kulu with an obligation to buy for 40 mil. And he'll accept Juve letting us sign De Sciglio for 15 mil before DD. Or Rugani, the man who's had more injuries than Ledley, Woodgate & Lamela combined.

Besides; you were a heavy advocate for Traore.
That's a special circumstance- because Conte was going to change his position from RW to RWB.

If he was bought to play RW for us, I wouldn't have been happy, as the same limitations of not scoring enough at Wolves would apply. But at RWB, those limitations aren't as important as his other attributes can compensate for it.

Especially as the likes of Ambarat & Kulu-bloke are only loans anyway.

.......If Kulu-bloke can contribute more than GLC (eg) in the short-term then it's a net improvement.

........If Ambarat can be trusted to bust a gut in a 20 minute run-out where Ndombele can't then we're better off.
But we need to seriously improve our squad.

Atm if we play a 5-3-2, our 3 mids are Hojberg Winks Skipp. That's absolutely shocking lack of creativity.

Gross negligence from Paratici and Levy.

I would much rather us sign Kulusevski than Ambarat. He seems to have a ton of questions about him and isn't an upgrade over what we have but at least he is young and might have some attributes that we are missing.

My concern with people saying he could turn into an Eriksen level player is that we should be signing the Eriksen level player now not having our "big" signing be someone we have to hope and pray can get for that level.

What is the difference in what he costs versus Guimaraes? I know some have questions about him but he would come in and immediately be our best MFer and add elements we need. Seems like it should be no question who we go for Guimaraes or Kulusevski.

Guimaraes: "Anything up to 40m"

vs

Kulu & Amrabat: Loans.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tottenham&#39;s comeback with Titanic music<br><br>Someone had to do it. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/COYS?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#COYS</a> <a href="https://t.co/0RRYRcYcwW">pic.twitter.com/0RRYRcYcwW</a></p>&mdash; Andy Gerlis (@ndyGerlis) <a href="">January 20, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

First day posting on the internet?

Looking forwards to watching Diaz banging them in for the scousers, shades of Mane & Suarez.

angry better call saul GIF
He's obviously happy playing back up up there and he probably will scores plenty of goals.

If he had come here you just know he would have ended up another expensive flop.

Just begging Juve for some players now, that's all we've got left in the locker.

Can't claim to know anything about the Swede but plenty calling him shit so that's a worry.

We've gone from browsing the aisles of Waitrose to digging through the bins behind Lidl. But I'm hungry so I don't care at this point.

GIVE US SOMETHING.

My view on Kuvuleski is I would have been excited a few weeks if we signed him but after being beat ou for Diaz no I am not excited. Also wtf are the lcb rwb cm or cf that we are meant to be after.

Levy and Para are desperately trying to scrape now. They know the fans are about to turn against them big time. They want to land anything to justify their jobs. In my eyes they both need to apologise to the nearest tree for wasting decent oxygen. Clubs fucked in a big way because it won't get any better in the summer. Levy will just be playing his little games then.

If we don't sign a quality RWB, I say play a kid from the academy. We're bound to have a good one and he can't do worse than Emerson and Doherty (even combined), especially from a commitment/energy point of view. You know the kid would literally burst a gut to show he belongs. Fuck it, play the kiddo. Look how good KWP is now he's getting regular gametime.

Same in midfield. I'd rather we play Harvey White, who loves the club, who understands what it is to be a Spurs, rather than a Amrabat who's gonna take time to adapt to the English game (and language/culture). Especially cause he'd only be backing Hoj/Skippy/Winksy. Give him 20 mins a game, each game, and see how he does. Very little downside, is it...
Like Tanganga? We are trying to ease our suffering, not extend it

Back
Top Bottom