January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On loan? Where is the Diaz money???:levyeyes:
yacht GIF

I'm a big, big, big fan of loan to buy, but you're right when "obligation to buy" becomes written into the contract at some point you've got to throw your hands up and wonder what the fucking point of all this is, if not brinksmanship to drive the hardest deal possible and "win" the negotiations.

I haven't mentioned this to anyone, but I've started calling this situation the "Emiliano Sala clause".
I think loan + obligation is just designed to put off spending for as long as possible. And as an added bonus, the next transfer window you get to count the “buy” part of the deal as a new transfer purchase so you get credit for it twice - like Levy is going to do with Romero (he will point to the 40 million we have to cough up on him this summer as our big summer spend, even though they point to him as this past summer’s big signing).

Back
Top Bottom