January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since when is "its only a loan so if doesn't work out no big deal" a good justification for making a move?

Have the standards dropped so low that supporters now don't expect us to improve but are good with just trying shit out?

Well.. I haven't seen him, so can't really speak... but at 21 players can always improve. On loan is such a reasonable thing... At Tottenham there'll be less pressure and the competition won't be as high as Juve, even if you say they're terrible... I think you'd have to say that we've been worse the last year (till Conte arrived)... I'm happy to look at this one optimistically, after the crushing disappointment of Diaz... would rather not have known about that and he just went to Liverpool...

Not trying to piss on anyone's bonfire, if we get him I'll support the signing and hope for the best, but my own personal excitement just wouldn't be there because of what I've seen. Always a chance he's just in a rut but I haven't seen that spark you'd expect to see from a talented young player.

And I wasn't disappointed by Diaz because I didn't even dare get my hopes up for it. That's the secret!

Since when is "its only a loan so if doesn't work out no big deal" a good justification for making a move?

Have the standards dropped so low that supporters now don't expect us to improve but are good with just trying shit out?

Yep, we need actual quality now, not players other not very good sides are happy to get rid of to the point where they'll even loan them out. This isn't a Madrid with Robben & Sneijder situation where it's a team packed full of stars who can't find room for a genuine talent, it's mediocre teams looking to offload players who are too mediocre even for them.

I won't be angry if we sign Kulusevski/Amrabat, just very underwhelmed, it'll be a very meh feeling. And I won't feel like we're a stronger squad for it at all.

Because I've watched him play several times and seen none of that potential at all. And seemingly nor do Juventus, who are a team sorely lacking in quality players. They're barely a better team than us these days yet they're happy to get rid?

Maybe we can blame it on Allegri being a defensive coach or w/e, but fundamentally he's not looked good since he got his step up.
Hmmmm. That’s a concern.

Won’t pretend to have seen anything of him, but was reasonably encouraged by some of the scouting videos. At least he seems to be calm in front of goal and I do quite like having a left footed player on the right, cutting in.

But yeah. Underwhelming.

Believe it or not I have never been on, until 5 minutes ago. Are these people grown adults? Believing some faceless no mark from the internet that his aunties dogs sister has an inside line at the club? What is actually wrong with people. They actually thank these people for their vast knowledge and understanding of the inner workings of the club. It is sickening.

That's a good point, you quite get the maturity and sophistication that you get on here.

Consider it the result of about 5-10 years of transfers requiring three seasons to adapt and adjust to the league, if at all.

I love it. If you don't hit the ground running then fuck off, we're not activating the buy clause.

I'm fed up with the dead weight polluting out squad. There's nothing bold or romantic about a 60m pound sack of shit like Ndombele sitting in our reserves with a salary on par with our best player.

Not trying to piss on anyone's bonfire, if we get him I'll support the signing and hope for the best, but my own personal excitement just wouldn't be there because of what I've seen. Always a chance he's just in a rut but I haven't seen that spark you'd expect to see from a talented young player.

And I wasn't disappointed by Diaz because I didn't even dare get my hopes up for it. That's the secret!
Dare to dream lad!!! At least you get the momentary highs!! ;)

Yeah... players sometimes come good. Lamela didn't exactly light the place on fire at the start. But then after a couple of years had a pretty decent Spurs career. Sometimes it takes a bit of time and it can work. If we give this guy a chance, you never know... or it might not work, in which case he goes back to Juve, no harm done.

Hmmmm. That’s a concern.

Won’t pretend to have seen anything of him, but was reasonably encouraged by some of the scouting videos. At least he seems to be calm in front of goal and I do quite like having a left footed player on the right, cutting in.

But yeah. Underwhelming.

It is what it is. I'm no football scout so there's a big chance I've missed things, but I don't really have faith in the scouts at our club given their recent record. I know he had an insanely good breakout season but since ending up at Juve it's just been meh. A quick glance at their forums shows me their reaction to him possibly going ranges from 'ah well' to 'thank fuck'.

I’m not saying the journalists are lying. I’m saying Levy was not serious about spending £50m on a player this window. He made a half-hearted late bid as usual.

If he truly is looking to sign a £50m forward this window, I look forward to us signing a quality alternative which we no doubt have identified long before now. Not Kulusevski on a loan.

We could put that money towards Lamptey for example. Or another RWB as it would get virtually any decent one across the whole of Europe.

So Kulusevski and Bentancur are the 2 latest rumours. Will we sign either?

Bentancur definitely not. He has some talent and would help us so he is out.

Kulusevski looks like someone Juve realizes they can pawn off on Paratici for a bloated fee. He also seems less likely to improve us much so even more likely to come.

Back
Top Bottom