January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This window is reminding me of the farcical manager search in summer. Since his appointment don paratici has somehow managed to make us look more clueless than before.

None of these players are good enough to get us top four imo. Really not sure what Paratici and the scouting team are doing tbh. Seems like they only really know anything about mediocre players in Italy, bit sus if you ask me

He’s actually found his way back in the team, but Mattia De Sciglio’s contract ends in June and he’d complete a hat trick of wantaway Juve guys who are bulleyes for our needs.

Betancur, Morata and De Sciglio. One fell swoop.

This window is reminding me of the farcical manager search in summer. Since his appointment don paratici has somehow managed to make us look more clueless than before.
To be fair, the first few weeks of that managerial search were before he arrived and we'd already been turned down by or written off Naglesmann, Rodgers, ten Hag, Poch with Potter none too keen. As a club we've been behaving like we're constantly pissed up since about 2018.

Not bad for someone born in a London tube station.
kroll-show-wait.gif

A few things are evident I think.

One is that the club are either trying to bring in reinforcements or they are peddling mistruths through plants in the media. I think the former.

They need to demonstrate to Conte that they are doing all that can be reasonably expected to acquire players. Let's see where it ends.

Another possible reason for players maybe (loosely used) maybe not being tempted is that Conte has a short contract. He could disappear in a flash.

If you sign for a manager and some players still do, the last thing you want is for that person to up sticks.

We know Conte has form for that and so will players and their agents.

Now am I being defensive towards Levy/ENIC? I just see the harsh reality of a transger picture that has become more muddied since the oilthy money of the Dubai Geordies and Villa wanting to back Gerrard to the hilt.

I still maintain however that not one signing as yet is one we would have jumping with glee at had we made it, so again it's what we want as opposed to what others are buying.

So many spurious links, leaks and gossip as well.

He/his underlings must be spraying out enquiries and offers all over the place. It just isn't sustainable, the other clubs will know we're not serious.
Would be so much better targeting a handful of genuine opportunities and working hard to bring them in.

He’s actually found his way back in the team, but Mattia De Sciglio’s contract ends in June and he’d complete a hat trick of wantaway Juve guys who are bulleyes for our needs.

Betancur, Morata and De Sciglio. One fell swoop.

With the rumours of Ndombele going to PSG maybe that is the new trend in world football, former managers/DOF's helping their former clubs fix the messes they created.

note: I don't really think Poch is much to blame for Ndombele.

Back
Top Bottom