Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's YOU that are making this about "semantics" and "spinning" this into some kind of 'who's had it worst' competition. Fact remains; we've had significant enough injury concerns, whether one calls it a "curse", a 'plague' or simply 'a problem'..... Regardless of if another team has had 20 broken leg cases at once.

.....You don't need a reference point of another club to concede that 5 starters missing is a big blow.

Chelsea's injury ravaged XI that left Tuchel crying had still cost them 400-500m. Save your sympathies.

Nope, read the debate...I didn't use the word cursed - I reacted to it. You tried to change it into your own interpretation and when off on a tangent trying to desperately force yourself in this argument, why? Stop doing that...please.

This is what happens when you have a penchant to argue the toss and force your way into debates and try to twist them to suit your own narrative, that's not how it works.

If such an extreme word is gonna be used then folk ought to be ready for an equally extreme response, had he said the words your putting forward then there wouldn't even be a debate.

So you want to bring up the Chelsea example, cool - how about Everton, Leeds, Leicester (who I broughtup in my original point)...they don't have big squads to compete and millions of pounds to spend...debate away...I'll wait...

Nope, read the debate...I didn't use the word cursed - I reacted to it. You tried to change it into your own interpretation and when off on a tangent trying to desperately force yourself in this argument, why?

Your take here is bizarre and most inaccurate.

Stop doing that...please.

This is what happens when you have a penchant to argue the toss and force your way into debates and try to twist them to suit your own narrative, that's not how it works.

If such an extreme word is gonna be used then folk ought to be ready for an equally extreme response, had he said the words your putting forward then there wouldn't even be a debate.

Oh shhh... It's an open forum and I'm twisting nothing.

.......And look; you're still hung up on the use of the word "curse". :roll:

(I'm perfectly up to speed on whom and how the word was used thanks...... You accusing me of waging a semantic argument is frankly outrageously hypocritical!)

So you want to bring up the Chelsea example, cool

YOU brought them up FFS!!!! :contefacepalm2:

"Chelsea, Everton, Leicester and Leeds have had far more injuries than us througout the season for example."

.....See!!!!

how about Everton, Leeds, Leicester (who I broughtup in my original point)...they don't have big squads to compete and millions of pounds to spend...debate away...I'll wait...

I have every sympathy for Leeds; they have had a torrid time....

Everton & Leicester however aren't the paupers you're making out here.... Window after window, they're said to "embarrass" us.... In particular, the former have spent an absolute bleedin' fortune!

Regardless, as I've already said; none of this diminishes the legit problems that we've had anyway! ....Come match-day Conte's problems don't suddenly disappear into the ether cos somewhere further north Rodgers is struggling for CBs against Newcastle!

Your take here is bizarre and most inaccurate.

How?
Oh shhh... It's an open forum and I'm twisting nothing.

.......And look; you're still hung up on the use of the word "curse". :roll:

(I'm perfectly up to speed on whom and how the word was used thanks...... You accusing me of waging a semantic argument is frankly outrageously hypocritical!)

Do you not understand how this debate kicked off...the word 'cursed' was used. Despite you trying to change the word into your own entire interpretation purely to muscle in on a debate is quite frankly really weird behaviour.

YOU brought them up FFS!!!!

"Chelsea, Everton, Leicester and Leeds have had far more injuries than us througout the season for example."

.....See!!!!

I really fail to see how you could be this dumb, actually I don't believe it, you're just being painfully obtuse.

Chelsea were 1 (one) example which you rebuted, fine - now make the same argument for the other teams I mentioned...you can't because it doesn't sit with your 'sympathy' narrative you're desperately trying to push onto me.

I have every sympathy for Leeds; they have had a torrid time....

Everton & Leicester however aren't the paupers you're making out here.... Window after window, they're said to "embarrass" us.... In particular, the former have spent an absolute bleedin' fortune!

Oh what's that sound...sounds like someone is shifting the goalposts here, what a shock.

Who in particular says that Leicester and Everton embarrass us? And for what reason? And furthermore how what the entire fek does that have to do with anything in regard to their injuries? 🤦‍♀️

Regardless, as I've already said; none of this diminishes the legit problems that we've had anyway! ....Come match-day Conte's problems don't suddenly disappear into the ether cos somewhere further north Rodgers is struggling for CBs!

Yeah good thing no one is arguing anything different to that then...no-one said Conte doesn't have problems again a debate you're desperately trying to have because of your own interpretation of a word you didn't even fucking say :roflmao:

For someone who gets a hard on for arguing the toss over semantics on here I'll be honest this is a pretty poor effort, thought you'd be better than this.

How?
Do you not understand how this debate kicked off...the word 'cursed' was used. Despite you trying to change the word into your own entire interpretation purely to muscle in on a debate is quite frankly really weird behaviour.

I really fail to see how you could be this dumb, actually I don't believe it, you're just being painfully obtuse.

Chelsea were 1 (one) example which you rebuted, fine - now make the same argument for the other teams I mentioned...you can't because it doesn't sit with your 'sympathy' narrative you're desperately trying to push onto me.

Oh what's that sound...sounds like someone is shifting the goalposts here, what a shock.

Who in particular says that Leicester and Everton embarrass us? And for what reason? And furthermore how what the entire fek does that have to do with anything in regard to their injuries? 🤦‍♀️

Yeah good thing no one is arguing anything different to that then...no-one said Conte doesn't have problems again a debate you're desperately trying to have because of your own interpretation of a word you didn't even fucking say :roflmao:

For someone who gets a hard on for arguing the toss over semantics on here I'll be honest this is a pretty poor effort, thought you'd be better than this.

Jeeez.... What a mess..... A veritable puddle of oblivion. :deledoubt:

Dont think new signings will start imo. Need to get upto speed and into conte philosophy. Big ask thrown straight in premier league as best in world. Smacks of desperation as well if we throw players in deep end like we did in 90s. Next few games are winnable. If we beat city away in a couple of weeks were well and truly back in the groove.

Players don't need any more pressure on them, but if we are serious about 4th place, we need 6/9 and ideally 7/9 from the next 3. Holding level with City would probably indicate good enough form and talent on our part to dispatch the rest of the pack around us. I'm loving the new signings and looking forward to more Conte-ball! Feels so good to feel good about Spurs again!

Also checked the Saints forums last night and they are mostly expecting a bad loss against us. For what it's worth...

Players don't need any more pressure on them, but if we are serious about 4th place, we need 6/9 and ideally 7/9 from the next 3. Holding level with City would probably indicate good enough form and talent on our part to dispatch the rest of the pack around us. I'm loving the new signings and looking forward to more Conte-ball! Feels so good to feel good about Spurs again!

Also checked the Saints forums last night and they are mostly expecting a bad loss against us. For what it's worth...
Wolves is a tough game, they win tomorrow and they are in the hunt for 4th.

Completely agree re looking fwd to games

We need that buffer so that the result against City can be negated. Woolwich will have the Chelsea game to come and against us. We should comfortably be fourth by then. Assuming we beat these lol
Football never goes to plan does it though. I could see us taking the 3 at city but being held to a couple of stalemate draws against Wolves and Leeds

Football never goes to plan does it though. I could see us taking the 3 at city but being held to a couple of stalemate draws against Wolves and Leeds
Wait were you not the guy saying Brighton were man for man our superior and we should all support them....I'm hazy on the details . Think I said we'd own them only Bissouma was Any good..... You still on that Potter cool aid? WE ARE GETTING 4th . Fuck it 3rds on so buckle up.

With most other managers, I’m usually a bit jittery if players I like to see included in the starting eleven are left out. With Conte, I couldn’t care less. This is a guy who knows what he’s doing and will ring all the juice out of the orange. Whoever plays tomorrow will know the drill.

Who is Shandy? This guys got to be a previous poster. Such an odd ball
Shadydan? Yep seems nice and knowledgeable enough but also seems like a rebirth of a previous poster.

We had quite a few go in the past 2 years that I never thought would, and I think we all know they'll be back in some form or another, eventually..

spursvston3.jpg

Gollini, Royal, Sessegnon, Rodon, Bentancur, White, Kulusevski, Lucas, Scarlett

Shadydan? Yep seems nice and knowledgeable enough but also seems like a rebirth of a previous poster.

We had quite a few go in the past 2 years that I never thought would, and I think we all know they'll be back in some form or another, eventually..

The multi quoting and continual bickering as well as taking the most peculiar of positions reminds of someone. The problem is they were probably such a dull zero I can’t remember who it was.

Shandy is 100 a reincarnation. No one new is joining and kicking up this kind of stink in a couple of months.

If this is how you start, you will only get more cunty, so might as well go in the bin now

Back
Top Bottom