The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wednesday

Spurs v Southampton

Thursday

Wolves v Arse-nal

Saturday

Man Utd v Southampton

Sunday

Spurs v Wolves
Leicester v WHU

Have to get 4th now. I think (and always have) that West Ham have been a massively overrated side this season, definitely more worried about Wolves the way they’ve been playing. United look to be struggling to turn it on also.

Ragnick's Utd seems to be:

Start strong > Waste chances > Fade in 2nd half > Concede > Huff & Puff > final whistle.

Sunday 13th February​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

• Leicester City16:30West Ham United

Saturday 19th February​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

• West Ham United12:30Newcastle United

Sunday 27th February​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

• West Ham United14:00Wolverhampton Wanderers

West Ham still in Europe-Euro fixtures TBA

Could be easier to do the player for bringing the game into disrepute ...... and then the club for failing to control their player !

The club aren't liable for controlling what their players do in pvt.

.........You think United will be punished for Greenwood's behaviour?

Have to get 4th now. I think (and always have) that West Ham have been a massively overrated side this season, definitely more worried about Wolves the way they’ve been playing. United look to be struggling to turn it on also.
It's a case of underestimating West Ham and Wolves at our peril (although aside from our matches against them, there's not much else we can do) - it's not to the same degree but they both have that Leicester title style habit of grinding out results quietly. Really want them to lose momentum ASAP.

We are the 4th best team now thanks to Conte.

I think if we finish 4th now that's par for us, any lower would be a big disappointment.

It will be disappointing after so much sudden promise, but it's a bit unfair to up the bar on ourselves and Conte like that mid-season when so-many of our own have written us off at numerous junctures since the summer.

It will be disappointing after so much sudden promise, but it's a bit unfair to up the bar on ourselves and Conte like that mid-season when so-many of our own have written us off at numerous junctures since the summer.
It really would be disappointing.

Start of season based on Nuno being our manager, and watching other team transfers I said that 6th was likely for us. Once we got to game 5 I think I even lowered my expectations to 7th.
I do think that bringing in Conte before the January transfer window raised expectations of the club, and the great run of league games even further amplified that.

Being able to dribble fast... I'd want more.... Seemingly, their last 2 managers did too.

Putting stock in what he might (!!!) do at Barca isn't the most compelling argument.

I'm putting more hope in their being a strong synergy between Conte & Fab...... Seemingly Conte was a little more ambivalent which I suspect is why we didn't push as hard as we might in terms of an actual bid in Jan.

🥱🥱🥱

It really would be disappointing.

Start of season based on Nuno being our manager, and watching other team transfers I said that 6th was likely for us. Once we got to game 5 I think I even lowered my expectations to 7th.
I do think that bringing in Conte before the January transfer window raised expectations of the club, and the great run of league games even further amplified that.

"For the club"?

...Not sure how one would confidently guage that tbh.

For the fans?

.....Possibly, but such fluctuating "expectation" is pretty shakey ground.

I certainly don't think it's fair (of fans nor club) to place such expectation on Conte himself when it wasn't there at the beginning of the season.

Same as always for me; hope and support.... I'll happily embrace the sense of encouragement Conte has brought to the table though.

Back
Top Bottom