Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Devastating result for the top 4 chase.
I just don’t think top four was ever really on the cards. We had a good bounce after Conte arrived, which coincided with a run of really winnable fixtures. Then, as usual we all get excited about top four, and ‘games in hand’ while failing to pay any attention to the fact that you actually have to win those games in hand for them to mean anything.

I will always support the team but are we one of the best four teams in the land, right now? No, not even close.

Problem is we're trying to get top 4 every season with maybe 3 or 4 top 4 players and several that are mid to lower table. Its why we've finished 6th, 7th and probably around that again this season. Until we add 4 or 5 more proper quality first team players this will carry on and managers will continue getting sacked/disalusioned.

It's almost every time he has the ball that he either miscontrols it, fucks up a pass, or gives it straight back to provide an opposition counter-attack.

His 'goal' against Brighton being an own-goal from a shit cross going nowhere is fitting.
He is very one footed which would not be such a problem if it were not for the fact that his ‘good’ foot is shit as well

I blame Conte for a lot of that tbh. How can he be so cut throat for players like Ndombele yet allow Winks to literally hide and not show for the ball in the first half...he literally let hojbjerg do everything and not help at all.

The Lucas sub???? we just scored???? so you don't make subs when when are getting totally obliterated but make a change as soon as a player does well and gets an assist?? what?

Got what we deserve

Sanchez, royal, winks,hojbjerg are fucking useless

Bentancur the only plus from tonight, guy looks class
Have my doubts about Kulu, looks exactly as I expected, hope to be proven wrong in the future

Damn it.

Bright spots:

Romero is awesome.

Bentancur seems great already. What a difference he made.
This. Exactly this. Great game for the neutral, disappointing performance from us, disappointing result obviously, especially as it looked as though we might snatch a late point, but fabulous performance on and off the ball from Romero, and Bentancur looks class with everything he does, as well as being able to move around quickly and win the ball lots. It's not just his technical ability, it's also his brain - he already seems to read the game really well, and that's after only about an hour in a Spurs shirt. Those two could well end up being really class acts.

No time to wallow in it - only a few days then we go again. Disappointing tonight obviously, but all of those around us have messed up games in the last month, win on Sunday and we're right back in it.

COYS!

Last edited:
Reality is totally dysfunctional back three and non exsistant weak ass midfield until Bentancur came on. We can't carry Winks Hoijberg Emerson and have Sanches and Reguilon have any kind of dip. A win tonight gives us a proper tilt at it now....looks a long shot. Also Conte made errors lads he just did.

Back
Top Bottom