Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

_92656716_de13-1.jpg

That's all I've got right now...
Scraping the barrel, I know!
Fucking paedo facilitating club!

I feel dirty for even suggesting it as as a reason we should've won!!

I feel ashamed!!

Last edited:
I can't see how Dier being out there changes much in those goals conceded.

Maybe you could claim he replaces Sanchez so Sanchez isn't there but Dier loves watching the ball and losing men himself. Maybe having Romero on the right could have improved that specific play.

Also doesn't change how weak the midfield would be which was a major issue.
We looked a mess at the back even against Chelsea in the league we didn't look that disorganized at the back.

Possibly like you said moving Romero to the RCB and Sanchez making way.( Harsh on Sanchez who has been decent recently but it's football)

Likewise could blame the midfield and the LWB who both become enonomous in the build up to the 2nd n 3rd goal

Will us Supporters ever learn. I was almost lulled into the earlier posts about an easy win tonight and only losing 3 points in our next 4 or 5 games. While the central core of this team is at is, we are always going to have a weak underbelly..

We should know by now, we just cannot have nice things.

I can't see how Dier being out there changes much in those goals conceded.

Maybe you could claim he replaces Sanchez so Sanchez isn't there but Dier loves watching the ball and losing men himself. Maybe having Romero on the right could have improved that specific play.

Also doesn't change how weak the midfield would be which was a major issue.
Also I meant Emerson not Romero

Second best for most of the evening and got what we deserved, genuinely thought when Benty came on we'd turned the tide but the old frailties came home again. As I said in a previous post, it is unfathomable how a team with 3 centrebacks can concede so readily from crosses. Dier coming back will be a massive boost, and so will replacing Emerson who is out of his depth at the moment and needs to play his way into the team. Bentancur and Skipp has to be the way forward if we are going to play with two in the middle as the other two dont have composure about them to do it, they lose the ball too often... then everyone shits their pants and its Alamo time again.

Reggie fucked up a one on one. Kane missed a wide open header. Sonny mishandled a ball in the box that would have been a sitter. I think that we will start getting stronger with Benta in the midfield. Get Dier back. Skippy too. Push on. Lot of season left.
The reason these chances we missed stick out is because we didn't have an awful lot of them. This was lost at the back. Bar Romero they are all absolute shite. Royal beyond shit

the numerous disagrees says otherwise.

Your Emerson analysis was pretty fair (although he wasn't at fault for the 2nd goal imo) but your Winks break down was so off its unreal.

He absolutely hid in the first half and didn't get anywhere near either JWP or Romeu. second half he improved slightly and didn't hide but was still a sub par second half performance as well.

unacceptable to allow your CM partner to do everything whilst your chasing shadows.
a man only sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest.

You have an agenda against a player and have to keep backing the stuff you have said, irrespective of the evidence

The game bypassed our CM in the first half, because their manager targeted the areas where we were weak, Regulion and Emerson

Winks is fit, but he;s not Billy Whizz

Back
Top Bottom