Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte "we made many many many mistakes in the first half"

cool so why no subs?
I don't think he wants to kill the mentality of his team. He's showing them a bit of faith, that he believes they can turn it around...and they did... for a moment

Then the phantom head injury killed the momentum and crap defending ultimately cost us

To cap a shit night off I've got off the Victoria Line at Highbury and Islington only to discover the Overground is only running as far as New Cross tonight.

Fucking fuckity fuck fuck. Everything is fucked. Fuck Romero, Fuck Southampton, fuck TfL and fuck it.

That's better.

Conte needs to bail on his pragmatic approach and that dreadful 3-4-3 formation with basically 2 midfielders. It hasn't worked nor will ever work with the current spurs squad. Use it once you get your preferred players in but until then play to your strengths. Champions league is very possible too. Elementary stuff really which Is so perplexing considering his track record.

asterdroid asterdroid .. don’t mind you disagreeing at all mate, but can you explain why ? I’m intrigued
Point 1 was fair enough.
Point 2 - this wasn't a blip, or a mere shower of sh*t but it's backing out the toilet and running down the walls. Long term damage getting worse and it takes more than a few 2-0 wins to fix it.
Point 3 - sure this squad isn't worthy of playing in CL (that would only invite another 7-2 kickdown) but it isn't competitive against any other team right now. Top 4 at least brings back a bit of hope.

Conte needs to bail on his pragmatic approach and that dreadful 3-4-3 formation with basically 2 midfielders. It hasn't worked nor will ever work with the current spurs squad. Use it once you get your preferred players in but until then play to your strengths. Champions league is very possible too. Elementary stuff really which Is so perplexing considering his track record.
We ain't getting 4th. More likely to be conference league again.

Point 1 was fair enough.
Point 2 - this wasn't a blip, or a mere shower of sh*t but it's backing out the toilet and running down the walls. Long term damage getting worse and it takes more than a few 2-0 wins to fix it.
Point 3 - sure this squad isn't worthy of playing in CL (that would only invite another 7-2 kickdown) but it isn't competitive against any other team right now. Top 4 at least brings back a bit of hope.
Fair points. Actually agree with that.

Southampton played well, Sanchez had one of his customary dodgy games and with Emerson they were a liability. He has been doing better under Conte so I'm not going to slate him completely. Having Dier back will be good but not sure when that is.
These things happen from time to time, lets move onto the next game. We are not the pile of shit some would have you believe but we are a work in progress that has slip ups but are in general improving.
Shit happens, next game please.

There was no chance couple months back. But we got ourselves back in a good position. I'll take our chances...... But only if you can pl

Sanchez is a player with a fragile mentality. You cold tell he was losing his head more and more often after pressure went on and we failed to control midfield and Emerson being a fucking Donkey on the right side. Davies unlucky with the slip on first. The two other goals is just calamity.
Sanchez is just plain thick!!!

So much for the feelgood factor this morning!

... and to top it off, I've just walked into a lamp-post whilst typing this . .
Like the night couldn't get any worse!!!

Fuck it!
Is the lamp-post ok?
Oh No Omg GIF by LAIKA Studios

Back
Top Bottom