What’s this about the pod encouraging fans to grass up Moura?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The basic complaint has merit. Lucas is supporting some pretty abhorrent things that are contrary to the clubs ethos.

However Lucas should be free to support the political causes he likes in a private capacity. And we are all free to judge him as a person for his beliefs.

Personally I don’t care what his private beliefs are. I think people have become very bad at separating peoples personal lives and their private lives. We now expect everyone to be perfect or they’ll get cancelled. As long as Lucas is a professional and performs on the pitch then I don’t mind.

And again, I say all this as someone who strongly disagrees with his disgusting views.

He's highly religious. A devout Christian. Forever making the Sign of The Cross. It may well be that, like other religious zealots, he takes some aspects of his faith to such an extreme that he forgets its most important, fundamental concept - that of loving your fellow man.

Yes, how dare a Christian man from another continent, who’ve just recently moved here, not instantly adopt the exact same beliefs as us on any topic!

Cancel him!!!

mob GIF

The basic complaint has merit. Lucas is supporting some pretty abhorrent things that are contrary to the clubs ethos.

However Lucas should be free to support the political causes he likes in a private capacity. And we are all free to judge him as a person for his beliefs.

Personally I don’t care what his private beliefs are. I think people have become very bad at separating peoples personal lives and their private lives. We now expect everyone to be perfect or they’ll get cancelled. As long as Lucas is a professional and performs on the pitch then I don’t mind.

And again, I say all this as someone who strongly disagrees with his disgusting views.

What are these disgusting views?

Yes, how dare a Christian man from another continent, who’ve just recently moved here, not instantly adopt the exact same beliefs as us on any topic!

Cancel him!!!

mob GIF
He actually developed his bad case of Christianity when he was in France.

Hi twitter account seems to be mainly in Brazilian….. no fucking idea what’s he’s banging on about.

I’m going to complain to the club about him coming to this country and not talking our language. Harry Kane probably can’t understand a word he’s saying. No wonder Kane is not scoring more goals.

Oi Moura!!!!Nooooo!!!
Start talking English and stop talking Brazilian!!

Cancel him!!!

mob GIF

I don't know what Moura is supposed to have said so this isn't in support of his specific views. But do some of our Uber Liberal friends realise that a lot of their views are not only minority opinions in the global context but also that they have never shown any evidence for this moral superiority that they supposedly have?

Someone mentioned that this has something to do with transphobia. And also that Moura is a Christian. I belong to neither group so one side claiming the moral superiority over the other means nothing to me. Prove to me you have some sort of objective truth. Maybe use First Principles to show why your world view is the way forward. That is a conversation I would enjoy.

But to shout "transphobe" or "bigot" at a Christian man from another continent just because he doesn't agree with your ethics, moral outlook, lifestyle etc....Well that to an outsider like me is no different from the Christian shouting "Christophobe" or "bigot" at the trans activist for opposing his Christian ethics, morals, lifestyles etc.

I guess it helps that the vast majority of Christians I have met have been great people. If the kind, helpful, caring Christian old lady who lives down the road from me is an evil bigot cos she still believes there are two genders, then you can pi$$ right off with your narcissistic bullshit. Disagree with her all you want but to put those sorts of charges on people is mind-numbingly stupid.

Rant over.

PS. Harry Winks to captain us to Champions League glory in 2023

Tenner says it's that there are 2 genders.
Why do bigots find gender identity so confusing? It simply means the immutable yet fluid feeling that one is male or female or neither or both based on conceptions of masculinity and femininity that are innate but also social constructs that don’t exist.

This really isn’t hard!

Hi twitter account seems to be mainly in Brazilian….. no fucking idea what’s he’s banging on about.

I’m going to complain to the club about him coming to this country and not talking our language. Harry Kane probably can’t understand a word he’s saying. No wonder Kane is not scoring more goals.

Oi Moura!!!!Nooooo!!!
Start talking English and stop talking Brazilian!!
...that'll be Portuguese then.

Brazilian is a form of hairdo.

Has he specifically said something bad? Doubt it.
Has he specifically liked a post that itself said something bad? Doubt it.
Has he liked something unrelated to the views of a profile that has questionable beliefs? Possibly.

I have no idea, I'm just guessing. But maybe people should look at what, specifically, he has "liked" before condemning him.

I've got no idea what he has 'liked' or not, I'm not particularly religious and I am quite happy for people to be who they want to be in life.

I do get annoyed though at those people who encourage more hatred, angst and discontent by telling someone their beliefs are wrong just because it doesn't fit with their view of the world.

In my view they are just as bad.

Back
Top Bottom