What’s this about the pod encouraging fans to grass up Moura?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas is just a person, lots of people in the world have unpleasant views. Lots of people on here have unpleasant views. Lucas’ job is to play football and as long as he’s not pushing his shitty views while he’s in our shirt, I don’t really care. Let’s not pretend that behind closed doors, the world of football actually reflects things like BLM, Rainbow Laces etc. The PL has two clubs owned by countries that execute homosexuals yet they take part in LGBTQ equality programmes. It’s all a sick joke. Lucas is just one of many dimwits in the world who support Bolsonaro and his disgusting ideas, it’s not a thread worth pulling at.

People are entitled to their opinions, no matter how stupid or callous they are.

Windy did say this on the pod. I like the extra inch, listen to it most weeks but there's no doubt Windy can be a little wet for want of a better term.

I had a look at Lucas' likes and its all in Portuguese so I'm none the wiser. I'd rather judge a player's personality by how he acts and Lucas has always seemed like a good egg to me.

Lucas is just a person, lots of people in the world have unpleasant views. Lots of people on here have unpleasant views. Lucas’ job is to play football and as long as he’s not pushing his shitty views while he’s in our shirt, I don’t really care. Let’s not pretend that behind closed doors, the world of football actually reflects things like BLM, Rainbow Laces etc. The PL has two clubs owned by countries that execute homosexuals yet they take part in LGBTQ equality programmes. It’s all a sick joke. Lucas is just one of many dimwits in the world who support Bolsonaro and his disgusting ideas, it’s not a thread worth pulling at.

People are entitled to their opinions, no matter how stupid or callous they are.
He probably thinks people like you are stupid too, sticking their nose up at a country you’ve probably never even been to like some sort of pious snob

I don’t personally care that much about his views unless he tries to force them on others, then it becomes an issue.

At the end of the day we have a football team run by a murdering Russian gangster and two run by despotic Middle Eastern governments with poor human rights records, that’s a million times worse than Lucas’s views on gender.
Yes but let’s all write a letter to Lucas’s employer though to complain. Idiots

He probably thinks people like you are stupid too, sticking their nose up at a country you’ve probably never even been to like some sort of pious snob

That’s cool, opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

I’m happy to be on the side that thinks Bolsonaro is a cunt who is a danger to humanity. People are free to disagree.

I’ve no idea what he has liked / not liked but - generally - most employees have a social media policy as high-profile posts attract attention to the employer - rightly or wrongly.

If it’s in contravention of that, it’s naughty and will no doubt be taken down; if not, it won’t.

On the note of someone not adapting their views to the country they are working in - it’s a tricky one as the UK is pretty liberal and part of our culture is the ability to speak freely and accept all opinions and beliefs. However, there are lines that don’t need to be crossed and anyone in the public eye would - you assume - be aware of the political climate and the vehemence and hate filled world of twitter.

However, here we are.

Windy and that pod also subscribed to the idea that people thinking ndombele was lazy had racist undertones, despite the fact he was just lazy. Not sure they ever apologised for that pretty shitty view

Yeah I stopped listening to the extra inch at that point couldn't stand it anymore.

The idea that spurs fans, who as a group often have the most horrific anti-Semitic and racist things thrown at us would dislike someone cause of there skin colour is bonkers. Some of our most loved players in the recent times are black for Christ's sake. Such as King Ledley, Defoe, Lennon, Dembele.

I'd wager that as a collective group spurs fans are props some of the most open and inclusive groups you will find. Barring the very rare moron you find in all groups

It's why the whole Y word bollocks stinks to high heaven also. It's like trying to get rappers and black people in general to stop using the N word to each other. It's been appropriated for the same reasons.

Last edited:

Doesn't always work like that though, does it? (unless you're that c**t Boris Johnson, who says & does what the f**k he likes, regardless of consequences and just continues to bulldoze around the place, being a twat).

Remember Glenn Hoddle, ex England manager? He lost his job because of a couple of loose words. Whether they/we like it or not, footballers DO need to be careful about what they do, say or write (not saying anything against Lucas, because I have no idea what he's 'liked'). The general principle is only to do or publish something you're prepared to defend.

Zouma's a prime current example.

It's the whole outrage on other peoples behalf...it's all a bit patronising and condescending...as if they have to have someone to speak for them...

Hi twitter account seems to be mainly in Brazilian….. no fucking idea what’s he’s banging on about.

I’m going to complain to the club about him coming to this country and not talking our language. Harry Kane probably can’t understand a word he’s saying. No wonder Kane is not scoring more goals.

Oi Moura!!!!Nooooo!!!
Start talking English and stop talking Brazilian!!
To be pedantic its portugeuse

It's the whole outrage on other peoples behalf...it's all a bit patronising and condescending...as if they have to have someone to speak for them...
Sometimes people DO need others to support them. Surely you know that?

I find Windy's views offensive and destructive to society but I respect his right to say them. The difference between us is he is trying to get letters written and petitions signed so laws and policies are implemented.

Sneaky

Windy and that pod also subscribed to the idea that people thinking ndombele was lazy had racist undertones, despite the fact he was just lazy. Not sure they ever apologised for that pretty shitty
Yeah, and someone moaning on a football podcast is exactly the platform they've been crying out for...
but he goes to bed feeling righteous , virtuous rather than us nasty racists singing the Y word or rightly calling out players for being lazy. Finding/looking for offence when there is none is such a bad character trait IMO and a big problem in modern society. He’ll double down no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom