What’s this about the pod encouraging fans to grass up Moura?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who said it was him though?

Read the replies on the flags tweet.

So far we are furious because an unnamed podcaster may or may not have encouraged fans to grass a player who may or may not tweeted something.

We are desperate to cancel the guy who is promoting cancel culture because we hate / don’t hate woke culture.

I think that sums up this situation nicely

On a side note, I've wondered before about how many posters here actually listen to TFC? I found the forum through the podcast, but it's probably the other way round for a lot of people too.

I’ve listened to it since day one when it was recorded in the back of a pub and you could hear a door closing shut every time a punter went for a piss.

It’s my favourite Spurs pod and the only one I listen to week on week, at least since Phil Cornwall left The Spurs Show as back then I’d listen to both religiously. The Spurs Show is still alright but I prefer it when Mike Leigh is on. Mike is great.

Nothing wrong with that. Lots of examples of states which existed/currently exist that have support of the majority but are objectively wrong. Sometimes large groups of people fall victim to populism and various forms of hate, being offended by discrimination is generally a pretty good thing.

People are offended by far, far less concrete things than "discrimination".

So far they have been offended by the fact that Moura is 1) voting for that baboon PM and 2) is a christian. I see little if any proof of further.

When I met lucas he seemed a genuinely lovely down to earth guy. I don't think he's filled with hate from the vibe I got. I would say that as a deeply religious person as has been mentioned then likely his views would be you are born either a man or woman and that's that which I myself believe to be the case myself. But just because I believe your gender is the one you are born with doesn't mean I ignore you if you need help because you was once a man but now identify as a woman as that's your own personal choice. He has always been professional at this club and given his all. Not like he's been caught attempting to rape his girlfriend or abuse animals. If he has an opinion that he believes something is wrong he's entitled to it just as anyone else here is.

People are offended by far, far less concrete things than "discrimination".

So far they have been offended by the fact that Moura is 1) voting for that baboon PM and 2) is a christian. I see little if any proof of further.

Who has tried to pass discriminatory laws and is an openly proud homophobe. If people wanna be offended at somebody voting for that, then fine. But there's a difference between being offended and trying to ruin his career.

Isn't the whole furore based on him supposedly liking transphobic tweets?

I’ve listened to it since day one when it was recorded in the back of a pub and you could hear a door closing shut every time a punter went for a piss.

It’s my favourite Spurs pod and the only one I listen to week on week, at least since Phil Cornwall left The Spurs Show as back then I’d listen to both religiously. The Spurs Show is still alright but I prefer it when Mike Leigh is on. Mike is great.
You should give the plus Dave podcast a go!

(May or may not be my amateurish attempt with my mates… :levyeyes:)

If you look back on enough people's social media I'm sure you'll find something to don't like.

Not saying I agree if Lucas liked transphobic tweets, but remember the old adage

"If you want to go digging you're only going to get dirty"

Who has tried to pass discriminatory laws and is an openly proud homophobe. If people wanna be offended at somebody voting for that, then fine. But there's a difference between being offended and trying to ruin his career.

Isn't the whole furore based on him supposedly liking transphobic tweets?

Supposedly.

What I am alledging here, is that some people have a political vendetta against LM because of my points 1 and 2 before.

Well, not alledging. I am saying it openly.

We have a NUMBER of other pro players doing homo-bashing, anti-semitism and having really bad company. With no fucking consequence. Every club goes training in the Middle East. Half of them sportswash oilmoney or even bloodmoney companies, logos proudly on the shirt.

Do tell me. What EXACTLY is it Moure is has done worse than this business?

Do tell, please.

This is apparently the offending tweet. Essentially saying the left dont care about the death of a right wing figure. Rather tasteless but not sure how that translates to advocating violence. Unless there's other tweets?

This is apparently the offending tweet. Essentially saying the left dont care about the death of a right wing figure. Rather tasteless but not sure how that translates to advocating violence. Unless there's other tweets?

“If Olavo de Carvalho were an abortionist, a defender of bandits, in favor of the legalization of drugs and gender ideology, would the left be revolting with the crowd for his death? Obviously, but then he would be called Marielle”

RUN HIM OUT OF THE CLUB!!!!!

Supposedly.

What I am alledging here, is that some people have a political vendetta against LM because of my points 1 and 2 before.

Well, not alledging. I am saying it openly.

We have a NUMBER of other pro players doing homo-bashing, anti-semitism and having really bad company. With no fucking consequence. Every club goes training in the Middle East. Half of them sportswash oilmoney or even bloodmoney companies, logos proudly on the shirt.

Do tell me. What EXACTLY is it Moure is has done worse than this business?

Do tell, please.

There's a tendency on the left to hypocritically refuse to criticise homophobia, sexism and other forms of discrimination when it comes from religions/cultures which aren't Westernised. LM is Christian so it comes under the 'accepted' banner, but Islamic countries in general get waaaayyyy too much of a pass for my liking from the twitter crowd, just because they're scared of being accused of islamophobia. I don't like it either and would prefer less hypocrisy. If you're going to criticise one religion for being discriminatory, apply the same energy to all.

None of it is worse, of course. But that doesn't make what he supposedly supports or tweets right, it just highlights that the left wing are subject to hypocrisy, which we all knew already. You only have to look at how Christian fundamentalists in the US are viewed vs Muslim fundamentalists. Treated with a completely different energy, even if their views have a lot of overlap. But again, I'm a big believer that religion is no excuse for intolerance, so won't accept it as an excuse from any side.

I don't know what you mean but I'm just calling it as I see it and the vibe I got from talking with him. I'd say the same about Chris hughton too and if something was to surface about his views being strong and controversial as he seemed an absolute diamond to me too.

Oooh look at me, I know ALL THE PLAYERS!!

Calm down mate yeah??

I don't know what you mean but I'm just calling it as I see it and the vibe I got from talking with him. I'd say the same about Chris hughton too and if something was to surface about his views being strong and controversial as he seemed an absolute diamond to me too.
What's wrong with being conservative? People just have to chill out.

I've been listening TFC for about 7 years probably. Great pod. Not for everyone, but really great pod. I'm patreon too, paying small price for a lot of enjoyable pods through the years.

Yeah same, Patreon too. I don't bother with the patreon pods where it's just Flav and Lee talking about wanking for two hours but the rest is great.

Back
Top Bottom