Burnley Vs Tottenham - Weds 23rd Feb - KO 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

steven-toast.gif

NO, seriously..... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Exactly I said that earlier. What is contes tactics for the first half? As he kind of changes in the 2nd half which works for a few minutes but then it reverts to type. Stupid tactics and formation again v bottom
Club. So now the great Conte has lost to duche, Ralph h and Bruno and in all of those games we deserved f all.
Ah fuck off. Youve been wanting conte out since he arrived

Performance aside.

Can somebody tell me where the fuck the 4th official Jon Moss got 3 minutes from??

There were 6 subs and the Burnley keeper was wasting time for virtually the entire half.

4 mins is the minimum these days and we somehow end up with 3

This was always going to be a different challenge to the game like City. Even Nuno beat City because they play perfectly into our hands. They leave huge spaces that even our technically limited players can exploit through Kane. Against a compact opponent we find it incredibly tough, all the technical limitations of our players are exposed and they aren’t aggressive enough to fight harder than Burnley for the win.

If we had kept the clean sheet, I know we would have won. But we are not good enough to come from a goal down to Burnley.

How do you attack when your winbacks and CMs can't string together a couple of decent passes?

How do you create chances when your superstar winger is only good in a counter attack, and doesn't press properly?

We're essentially just Lloris, Dier, Romero, Kane and a couple of hangers on.
Well I’d start by dumping this 3-4-3 approach since. You don’t have any quality wingbacks and play to spurs squad strengths. Notice that Conte gave up on it today.

We could have the best 11 players/squad and I would still.wait for the inevitable calamity.

If it were not so predictable it would be more painful..

Net 3 points from our last 2 games as possibly expected but any notion of this squad being anywhere good enough is just way off menu.

It's mentally weak and player-wise simply too short of the quality we need.

I hoped City was not a blip but losses to Southampton, Burnley and Wolves tell the real story of where we are..

Nowhere..

Judgement on Conte comes after and if he survives the summer and some new blood.

A Burnley weekday night monsoon is just such an annoying fucking mountain to climb and at no point were we moving the ball quickly enough to do it.
I just don't get it. What do we do in training. Why was everyone slow and ponderous on the ball.

It's the Kane/Kane dilemma, which I (and probably others) have been talking about for years. Ideally, you'd have Kane passing to Kane, but sans a cloning machine, you have to decide which Kane you want. I mean, he's still great when he's running all over the pitch doing everything - sometimes, like in a Wolves game a couple of years back, he's the best player in every single position in the same match - but he's probably at his best when he's got a clearly defined task.

Tonight, his hold-up and passing were fantastic, as usual, but nobody could get him a single clear-cut shooting chance that I remember.

In games like this he needs to be seen as our playmaker and played deeper. Ideally you want him shooting as much as possible from inside and on the edge of the box, but we literally have nobody that can find him with a decent pass. Kulusevski might be able to but he needs to be given time to adapt as at the moment he looks like he's constantly running in treacle and is having the ball pinched off him time and again.

I said it weeks ago and I'll keep on saying it. We absolutely missed a trick in not bringing Coutinho to the club until the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom