Burnley Vs Tottenham - Weds 23rd Feb - KO 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
7:30 KO

We march on.

The melts will be happy, not on UK TV.

COYS!!
Dancing-Spurs.gif

Last edited:
I think Conte will change a few players, the effort the players put in would have been draining. We have a bigger squad than Burnley (who played today at Brighton), we could be a lot fresher than them.

I'm also tempted to throw in Sanchez as Burnley's a very physical side. Having 3 tall centre-backs could come in handy.

Lloris

Doherty
Romero
Dier
Sanchez
Davies (Assuming Reguillon is still out with Covid)

Skipp
Winks

Moura
Kane
Son

I think Conte will change a few players, the effort the players put in would have been draining. We have a bigger squad than Burnley (who played today at Brighton), we could be a lot fresher than them.

I'm also tempted to throw in Sanchez as Burnley's a very physical side. Having 3 tall centre-backs could come in handy.

Lloris

Doherty
Romero
Dier
Sanchez

Skipp
Winks

Moura
Kane
Son
Is this a joke? Bringing back Sanchez, Winks and Moura and dropping Sess, Kulu and Benta? Wtf are you on

I think the knack as a supporter is not to be confident of a win, whoever we play this season.

Never can tell what sort of Spurs will turn up, it seems to be a team psychology thing, sometimes we all seem to hide and not want the ball. Then a match like yesterday when we beat a top team and looked to be well drilled with an amount of confidence on display.

Myself and my wife are going to this one. The brilliant result at City has reignited our top4 hopes so huge game for us.Burnley coming off their great result against Brighton and fighting for their lives. Before yesterday I was so blah about this fixture-now I’m well up for it! COYS!!

Lloris

Doherty
Romero
Dier
Sanchez

Skipp
Winks

Moura
Kane
Son
Sanchez may be physically larger, but that doesn’t make him more physical. He’s often getting knocked off the ball and off his feet. I think he’s not got enough lower body strength and hasn’t learned how to make up for that lack (lower your centre of gravity). If you watch him he’s all about shoulder charging, no bending his knees to push/protect the ball with his hip and thigh strength.

Also, Sanchez can’t play on the left, or centre CB, he is just Romero’s backup, no more or less than that. We need a LCB in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom