Burnley Vs Tottenham - Weds 23rd Feb - KO 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sanchez may be physically larger, but that doesn’t make him more physical. He’s often getting knocked off the ball and off his feet. I think he’s not got enough lower body strength and hasn’t learned how to make up for that lack (lower your centre of gravity). If you watch him he’s all about shoulder charging, no bending his knees to push/protect the ball with his hip and thigh strength.

Also, Sanchez can’t play on the left, or centre CB, he is just Romero’s backup, no more or less than that. We need a LCB in the summer.
And we need Sanchez consigned to a dumpster fire. Biggest liability pound for pound in my lifetime - which is a massive achievement as there have been many

For different reasons this will be as tough as the City game. If we're not every bit as up for it all over the pitch we'll get our backsides smacked.

And we need Sanchez consigned to a dumpster fire. Biggest liability pound for pound in my lifetime - which is a massive achievement as there have been many
Drives me spare watching Sanchez. He potentially has all the attributes necessary to be excellent. I was so excited when he first came to Spurs. I can’t imagine what went wrong with his development. Maybe he needed to be left at Ajax for another year?

Drives me spare watching Sanchez. He potentially has all the attributes necessary to be excellent. I was so excited when he first came to Spurs. I can’t imagine what went wrong with his development. Maybe he needed to be left at Ajax for another year?

He's brainless. Being relatively quick, strong and athletic only get you so far.

To really make the City result worthwhile and count for something, we need another win here... game in hand n'all!

I think (barring knocks. and maybe Reggie for Sess) he'll go with the same XI and focus on the feelgood factor yesterday gave EVERYONE!

This is really the game Lukusevski could be the difference maker.

We need his ability on the ball against the packed Burnley defence, perhaps a nice curler from that left foot.

Dier will also need to handle Weghort, Romero and Davies would bounce off him.

To really make the City result worthwhile and count for something, we need another win here... game in hand n'all!

I think (barring knocks. and maybe Reggie for Sess) he'll go with the same XI and focus on the feelgood factor yesterday gave EVERYONE!

100%.

The only way Sessegnon ever improves is if he is given the confidence of a run of games.

No disputing that Reguillon may come into the side but players must be given a foundation especially when they lack the inner assurance one would expect.

Last 5.
Brighton 0-3 Burnley
Burnley 0-1 Liverpool
Burnley 1-1 United
Burnley 0-0 Watford
Woolwich 0-0 Burnley

2 goals conceded against top 6 teams and only one narrow loss.
This is not gonna be a walk in the park.
He didn't play yesterday but Tarkowski, out of contract in the summer, would be a great addition to our squad.

Wouldn’t have made any difference imo. Like a lot of non league players he has ability but lacks consistency in his decision making. Awful player. You can carry an inconsistent attacker in the championship, but not a defender as it costs you.

I think Conte will change a few players, the effort the players put in would have been draining. We have a bigger squad than Burnley (who played today at Brighton), we could be a lot fresher than them.

I'm also tempted to throw in Sanchez as Burnley's a very physical side. Having 3 tall centre-backs could come in handy.

Lloris

Doherty
Romero
Dier
Sanchez
Davies (Assuming Reguillon is still out with Covid)

Skipp
Winks

Moura
Kane
Son
The most ridiculous line up changes, ever. Fuck me! 😂

This is really the game Lukusevski could be the difference maker.

We need his ability on the ball against the packed Burnley defence, perhaps a nice curler from that left foot.

Dier will also need to handle Weghort, Romero and Davies would bounce off him.
Don't you mean Sulukevski?

...Kulu's easier.

That unit up front for them, Weghorst, played really well against Brighton and looked a more clinical version of Chris Wood. He's going to be a handful. Need to cut off the service into him as much as possible and also not give any daft free-kicks away so they can load the ball into our box.

But while doing the above we also have to remember we have better players than they do, players like Kane and Son. The key is to give them respect but not too much of it, and try to play to our strengths. Match them for fight and effort and let the football do the talking.

He didn't play yesterday but Tarkowski, out of contract in the summer, would be a great addition to our squad.
He's average. The type of signing West Ham would make. We need a better CB than that if we want to compete under Conte.

Back
Top Bottom