Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking donkey with a trampoline touch, whose been here far too long already.

Was he that bad today? I had to turn it off with about 10min left as I couldn't take it anymore.
His first notable action (possibly his first touch) was drop into midfield, but the touch was SO HEAVY, it bounced a good 15 feet in front of him to a Burnley player and had us scrambling to defend.

His first notable action (possibly his first touch) was drop into midfield, but the touch was SO HEAVY, it bounced a good 15 feet in front of him to a Burnley player and had us scrambling to defend.
Yeah that was an extremely frustrating moment because the ball into him was good and had opened up the Burnley defense. It was also when the rain had stopped which takes away some excuse.

to be fair he does have some awful passes drilled into him. knee height and far too much weight. but yea, imo his biggest problem is his football intellect.

Lucas Moura - 23 games, 1521 minutes, 2 goals 4 assists
Dejan Kulusevski - 6 games, 424 minutes, 2 goals 3 assists

Enough said.

Dependant on how we proceed with Gil, I think it would be perfect time to sell Moura (if there are decent offers) and bring in another sharp winger who has end product.

Lucas Moura - 23 games, 1521 minutes, 2 goals 4 assists
Dejan Kulusevski - 6 games, 424 minutes, 2 goals 3 assists

Enough said.

Dependant on how we proceed with Gil, I think it would be perfect time to sell Moura (if there are decent offers) and bring in another sharp winger who has end product.
so you had to bump a lucas moura thread and discredit him in order to appreciate Kulusevskis contribution?

that's our fanbase in a nutshell tbh. Get excited about the shiny new toy by discrediting the player he has replaced.

in reality Lucas is an excellent squad option and will more then likely be here next season.

that's for sure LOL
but..seriously
29 years.. discontinuity has been his main skill over the years..
with conte he's having good performances, but many other players would do the same or better with conte
I would consider good offers for him (>35M) and use that money for another number 10 with a future, like lautaro martinez
post aged well
kulu has already done the same in few matches

so you had to bump a lucas moura thread and discredit him in order to appreciate Kulusevskis contribution?

that's our fanbase in a nutshell tbh. Get excited about the shiny new toy by discrediting the player he has replaced.

in reality Lucas is an excellent squad option and will more then likely be here next season.

No. Point is to just show what is the real situation regarding him. Nothing to do with toys and whatnot.
I had very same opinion of him when he had this one-off game against Palace where he scored 1 and assisted 2. Just keep in mind that without this game he would have 1 goal + 2 assists from reminder 22 games. And I've said it here in number of times across number of years.

How is that "excellent" contribution when we have mostly played with 3 attacking players - it is obvious that we need goal contributions from them.
If one of those players is absolutely unable to score himself or set up others, then it is much much more of "gaping hole" than "excellent option".

I'd say that it is way worse to be happy with players that are miles off from required levels to achieve anything then to honestly point out that these players have never been really good enough. Being a good fan is not the same as being unrealistically positive and hiding head under the sand with some very obvious issues.

How dare he talk about lucas moura in the lucas moura thread. Or compare lucas with his replacement as if it will not impact lucas at all.

Excellent impact player who will occasionally have runs of form where he earns a first team place. Very good for the club that we've now got a player who ensures Lucas isn't a week in week out starter which I don't think he's ever been really good enough to justify. He's going to be a very useful player coming off the bench and upping the tempo if we're struggling.

This summer is the right time to sell. A club like Leeds, Villa, Southampton etc. would paay handsomely for him.

Back
Top Bottom