Will Bale leave this summer? POLL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Bale leave this summer?

• Total voters
We have spent so much money already. Broke our transfer record twice in a month. That's right. Spurs broke their transfer record twice in a month.

We will probably sign the Madrid lb too. We have bought a winger too and for hardly chump change either. Plus the frenchie who I've never heard of signed today.

We will have to buy an experienced cb as well. Possibly another cf too if as I hope we jettison dear Ade.

Selling Bentley thud and the beloved, for some reason, ekotto ain't gonna balance the books. Even with caulkers money its not even near us coming even, even when you consider the extra cash we get from the tv money. And the deals we will need to complete by the start of the season could add up to another 50m at least if the Willian deal is serious.

I truly believe that bale is gone. Levy and Lewis are now trying to get the best cash deal going. There isn't smoke without fire. It's an open secret he wants to go. Too many off the record briefings without reply says a lot.

I would prefer bale to stay, and there is an argument that involves the massive marketing by NBC that says he could earn more by staying with us. But I don't think bale is that interested in money. He knows he will make more money than he will ever be able to spend either way. But I believe he has been turned by rm. it happens.

Give avb the money, that he is already getting and see what he can do.

I just hope we can remember the priceless moments he gave us and we move on with a significantly improved squad that can challenge for 2nd or even the title in the coming years.

Were, the season before last, a very healthy 63% of turnover. Since then we have trimmed a lot of high paid deadwood.

63% is not really that healthy when you consider the compulsory purchases and the development of the new stadium.

Our turnover is what? 270m? If we spend 120m this season tats quite a chunk. Without wages of course...

Who is the high paid deadwood? And who replaced them?

Time will tell of course but I think anyone that thinks bale will stay is naive at best.

I hope to be proved wrong.

High paid deadwood to have left since 2010/11 include Gallas, Bentley, Crouch, Palacios, Keane, Jenas, Bassong, Pav, Kranjcar and Pienaar. Wages last year were at about £90m and should be around the same this year.

Stick the " special" relationship between RM and Spurs if they just think they can take our best players every season, the "special" relationship will only work one way and that's in their favour, they did it with Modric and they are doing it with Bale, they will do it again next season if another Spurs player becomes a superstar, bunch of wankers if you ask me, best thing Levy could do is report them for tapping up piss them off and end the so called " special relationship"
COYS

We have spent so much money already. Broke our transfer record twice in a month. That's right. Spurs broke their transfer record twice in a month.

We will probably sign the Madrid lb too. We have bought a winger too and for hardly chump change either. Plus the frenchie who I've never heard of signed today.

We will have to buy an experienced cb as well. Possibly another cf too if as I hope we jettison dear Ade.

Selling Bentley thud and the beloved, for some reason, ekotto ain't gonna balance the books. Even with caulkers money its not even near us coming even, even when you consider the extra cash we get from the tv money. And the deals we will need to complete by the start of the season could add up to another 50m at least if the Willian deal is serious.

I truly believe that bale is gone. Levy and Lewis are now trying to get the best cash deal going. There isn't smoke without fire. It's an open secret he wants to go. Too many off the record briefings without reply says a lot.

I would prefer bale to stay, and there is an argument that involves the massive marketing by NBC that says he could earn more by staying with us. But I don't think bale is that interested in money. He knows he will make more money than he will ever be able to spend either way. But I believe he has been turned by rm. it happens.

Give avb the money, that he is already getting and see what he can do.

I just hope we can remember the priceless moments he gave us and we move on with a significantly improved squad that can challenge for 2nd or even the title in the coming years.

Although I disagree, this is a very well thought out post. Kudos old boy.

I dont like this arguement. If we spend 50M, and sell for 45M, we still spent 50M, not 5M.

If we didnt spend it, we would have it.

It's completely relevant, if as the last two managers have repeatedly said that we need to sell before we buy. It's clear that funding for purchases come from sales. So taking a net amount is completely logical. Our net spending is less than Everton FFS. Yes we spend big, but we also sell players too.

And to say because we have spent £50 million means we are definitely selling Bale is completely illogical. The TV rights increase this year easily covers that. And next year we will be getting even more tv money. I also don't believe that Levy would spend money he doesn't already have. If a deal were in place he would have gone by now, and we would have the money or guarantees of the money coming in. Bale could break both his legs tomorrow slipping on a banana skin. Real would then give us nothing.

That wasnt me.
it_wasnt_me281x211.jpg

Sorry to break it to you Sammy, but you aren't the only one here. I can address other points while at the same time addressing your related post.

And damn you now I have Shaggy stuck in my head.

My point is that, if we sell for 50M, and spend that 50M, we have still spent 50M.

A damn sight more than Everton mate.

*facepalm*

The point is, if you combine transfers in with transfers out, we haven't actually had to raise a massive amount of additional capital to fund our purchases. But sure, if you want to ignore the fact we have shifted a load of players out in order to pay for new ones then you could draw the conclusion that we are burning through cash that we might get for Bale.

*facepalm*

The point is, if you combine transfers in with transfers out, we haven't actually had to raise a massive amount of additional capital to fund our purchases. But sure, if you want to ignore the fact we have shifted a load of players out in order to pay for new ones then you could draw the conclusion that we are burning through cash that we might get for Bale.

No, but Everton dont have the assests we have in their players and dont have the same pull when it comes to shirt deals etc.

So while we are great at re couping, we have still spent a hundred times more than they have. It doesnt matter what spin there is on it....we dont have the cash from the last 8yrs in the bank ON TOP of what we recouped.

We spent it on players.

And Shaggy rocks.

Back
Top Bottom