Tottenham Hotspur vs. RCD Espanyol 10.8.13, 17:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

all in all a good half but one thing that's bugging me is we look like we're lacking a leader in there a little bit. Other than Dawson at the back I don't really see anyone vocally dictating things in the middle. Will take a bit of time as new players bed in but that's perhaps what we miss with no Parker in there.

Yet again our front post defence is rubbish. Last season I blamed Bale for it, because he would just stand there, but I'm starting to feel the whole set up is wrong.

all in all a good half but one thing that's bugging me is we look like we're lacking a leader in there a little bit. Other than Dawson at the back I don't really see anyone vocally dictating things in the middle. Will take a bit of time as new players bed in but that's perhaps what we miss with no Parker in there.
Super Jan?

Dont understand why we dont put players on the post for that shit, it happens so frequently. I think Pauline should have tracked the number 9 too as he was his man and let him go.

that aside i think we've played some nice crisp stuff, Chadli looks like a PLAYA

Awesome to see Dawson back, huge impact
Fryers clearly the worst player on the field - needs a loan
Walker looking decent, playing some fantastic balls inside the fullback
Rose hit and miss, but very promising
Paulinho looking like he has been her for years
Lennon and Demebele quality as expected
Chadli - how fucking MASSIVE is he?! I never realised. Looks bright, linking well with Rose.
Sigurdsson - quietly excellent IMHO - filling spaces, supporting, linking - very mature performance
Soldado - brilliant movement, love the look of him already

AVB confirms Capoue deal moving on, no Bale, Kaboul, Holtby, Adebaoyor, Townsend, Defoe, Vertonghen or Sandro seen yet. Things really are quite positive arent they?

Chadli has looked fantastic for me so far. Despite Rose's one cock up I actually feel confident with him as LB. Great going forward, just needs to calm down and make better decisions.

Back
Top Bottom