Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think worrying about who we should drop for Eriksen should be said as if it’s a bad thing. Competition for places is a good thing, options off the bench is a good thing as well, more quality in the squad is a good thing.

I don’t think worrying about who we should drop for Eriksen should be said as if it’s a bad thing. Competition for places is a good thing, options off the bench is a good thing as well, more quality in the squad is a good thing.

Sure but that wasn't the question.... The bloke said he'd be a starter....

Ahead of whom?

I hope we make him an offer in the summer, he's shown that physically he is fine. Doesn't have to play every game for us but on a free transfer a player like him is an absolute no-brainer. He knows us, knows the league, knows Conte.

He would add a lot of quality to our squad without much expense.

I hope we make him an offer in the summer, he's shown that physically he is fine. Doesn't have to play every game for us but on a free transfer a player like him is an absolute no-brainer. He knows us, knows the league, knows Conte.

I'd love him back. Creative, can bang them in, knows the club etc, worked with Conte, five sub rule.

On the above basis it really is a no-brainer.

In our current set up?

I doubt that......

Not to mention PEH isn't in our assumed best XI anyway.

I think we’d find a place for him. Conte had him working in a playmaker role at Inter. He’s a class act, in some games I think Eriksen/Bentancur could work, would just be about adjusting if it isn’t.

But either way, what a player to just have around.

I think we’d find a place for him. Conte had him working in a playmaker role at Inter. He’s a class act, in some games I think Eriksen/Bentancur could work, would just be about adjusting if it isn’t.

But either way, what a player to just have around.
We need a squad.

.......To me "starter" means first XI. Hense the question.

He could easily come in for kulusevski or drop into central midfield to play against teams who park the bus. It’s a squad game.

As noted above, I'd have him too, but in our current system (and tactics*); him being a "starter" would require us dropping Son or Kulu.

(*Conte's showed no intent to play a more attacking player in the CM2.)

.......To me "starter" means first XI. Hense the question.

As noted above, I'd have him too, but in our current system (and tactics*); him being a "starter" would require us dropping Son or Kulu.

(*Conte's showed no intent to play a more attacking player in the CM2.)
You say that, but you must have noticed the amount of times Bentancur appears pushing on in the CF position, particularly when a transistion is on the cards. Also, even Romero has obviously been given license to roam forward as he does it at some point pretty much every game. And I'm sure as shit that Conte would be metaphorically nailing his balls to the 18 yd line if he didn't want him doing it.

You say that, but you must have noticed the amount of times Bentancur appears pushing on in the CF position, particularly when a transistion is on the cards. Also, even Romero has obviously been given license to roam forward as he does it at some point pretty much every game. And I'm sure as shit that Conte would be metaphorically nailing his balls to the 18 yd line if he didn't want him doing it.

When situations allow indeed, but the core responsibilties of Bentancur or PEH do not mesh with kind of player Eriksen is.

When situations allow indeed, but the core responsibilties of Bentancur or PEH do not mesh with kind of player Eriksen is.
I’d personally pick a CE/RB starting CM2 over a PEH/RB one pretty much every time. I think the ground Eriksen covers allows the “luxury” of playing the 2 together even if he doesn’t directly get “stuck in”. His involvement/ presence is usually sufficient to stall an attack temporarily in circumstances where we risk being stretched. And the upside to 2 talented ball players is potentially huge.

People say this and I think 🤔 Hmmm how big a prick would he be to walk out on kindly supportive Brentford after they took the chance on him. Folk need to get their head round he has played his last game for Spurs.

I’d personally pick a CE/RB starting CM2 over a PEH/RB one pretty much every time. I think the ground Eriksen covers allows the “luxury” of playing the 2 together even if he doesn’t directly get “stuck in”. His involvement/ presence is usually sufficient to stall an attack temporarily in circumstances where we risk being stretched. And the upside to 2 talented ball players is potentially huge.

I'm yet to be convinced that you can get away with that kind of blend in the modern EPL era.... All the teams that successfully deploy that kind of player in CM do so with 3CMs (unless they have a superhuman beast like peak-Kante to lean upon...... By that token look back at how Eriksen often struggled to impose himself for us when Dembele wasn't playing).

People say this and I think 🤔 Hmmm how big a prick would he be to walk out on kindly supportive Brentford after they took the chance on him.

The flip-side is we don't know what the sentiment was in him agreeing to join them in the first place.....

A mutual favour isn't that hard to believe.....

Did the Danish connection play a part?

Folk need to get their head round he has played his last game for Spurs.

That's not a given, so why prematurely accept that?

(Maybe I'm mis-remembering; but CE didn't write the idea off when a re-union with Conte was suggested to him by a journo....)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom