Newcastle (H) 3rd April - 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apart from the result, the best things to take away from the game IMO are that Royal and Doherty have to be at least worth a few hundred quid now.
I honestly wouldn't want Doherty gone. He's proven that he is willing to step up even though he'd been a bench warmer for almost two seasons. Does his work as a wingback and has made a huge difference with assists and goals. He'd be great as cover for Left and Right Wingbacks

Another great win, which could have been more.

Why Howe came out second half with his defence another ten or fifteen yards up the pitch I’ll never know. He must be fucking thick. It just played right into our hands today.

Every manager we come up against is doing this against us, I guess it's high risk high reward especially since we have a 2 man midfield so teams come onto us. Worked for Southampton as they hemmed us in but we've improved massively since then.

Would like us in summer to get our targets done and dusted by June so the squad have full pre season prep. Not dragging out transfers until 23:59 31/08/22. I honestly think if levy backs conte we can go for title.

Conte talking to Levy this summer about getting a new defender.

Conte: Eeeyyy Daniel, we need another top CB to play alongside Romero.

Levy: Hmmm, I'm pretty sure Kane could do a job at CB, no? :levyeyes:

I honestly wouldn't want Doherty gone. He's proven that he is willing to step up even though he'd been a bench warmer for almost two seasons. Does his work as a wingback and has made a huge difference with assists and goals. He'd be great as cover for Left and Right Wingbacks
I can't say I agree. If we were offered 12m for him, are you telling me you wouldn't snap the arm off the owner offering this?

Well that was all very nice... Eventually!!
Walked back down the High Road with 2 VERY chipper Geordies (considering the result) .... In other news, good to see The Rabbi back in the SE corner.... and FINALLY got my "Moura, Moura, Moura... How d'ya like it, how d'ya like it?" chant going.... Thanks to all who joined in!

...and THREE defenders on the scoresheet... (Davies, Doherty & Emerson)

Wonders will never cease!

WHAT a day!

Back
Top Bottom