Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When he eventually retires from football and can finally get a leg up, that's going to be one lucky lady

Singular?

:sonhmm:

GOT-the-beat-%E1%84%8B%E1%85%B5%E1%84%86%E1%85%B5%E1%84%8C%E1%85%B5-%E1%84%8B%E1%85%AC%E1%86%AB%E1%84%8D%E1%85%A9%E1%86%A8%E1%84%87%E1%85%AE%E1%84%90%E1%85%A5-%E1%84%8F%E1%85%A1%E1%84%85%E1%85%B5%E1%84%82%E1%85%A1-%E1%84%8B%E1%85%B0%E1%86%AB%E1%84%83%E1%85%B5-%E1%84%90%E1%85%A2%E1%84%8B%E1%85%A7%E1%86%AB-%E1%84%87%E1%85%A9%E1%84%8B%E1%85%A1-%E1%84%92%E1%85%AD%E1%84%8B%E1%85%A7%E1%86%AB-%E1%84%89%E1%85%B3%E1%86%AF%E1%84%80%E1%85%B5-%E1%84%8B%E1%85%B1%E1%86%AB%E1%84%90%E1%85%A5.jpg

:sonlol:

Last edited:
My rule of them when assesing players on whether they are world class or not is generally about consistency, I've pretty much maintained that Son is on the brink of being a WC player because he isn't consistent enough throughout the season and he has patches of form when he goes missing then he springs to life and has a purple patch and does a complete madness.

Might have to alter that though because where he has been consistent is over the seasons he's consistently hit good numbers and goal contributions which shows a good level of consistency in itself which would mean he's on the WC bracket for me.

Last edited:
Next step for Son to become truly world class is to step up in our biggest games. He scores agains the best sides but never when it matters most just like Kane. Hope he finishes the season strong. We will need him to.

Last edited:
LOL we’ve hardly had an important game since the CL run.
No, we had multiple several finals, semis and quarterfinals over the last few years .

Few that come to mind was the final against City last season and our games against Chelsea this season. He was god awful in those games. Like one of our worst players in those games

Also, he was probably one of our better players in the CL final but still wasn’t good.

Him and Kane need to step up when it matters most.

No, we had multiple several finals, semis and quarterfinals over the last few years .

Few that come to mind was the final against City last season and our games against Chelsea this season. He was god awful in those games. Like one of our worst players in those games

Also, he was probably one of our better players in the CL final but still wasn’t good.

Him and Kane need to step up when it matters most.
Final against City last season? Bro did you watch us play last season? Peak Messi wouldn’t have made a difference in that game. Ryan Mason was our manager, we had like 20% possession and two shots.

My rule of them when assesing players on whether they are world class or not is generally about consistency, I've pretty much maintained that Son is on the brink of being a WC player because he isn't consistent enough throughout the season and he has patches of form when he goes missing then he springs to life and has a purple patch and does a complete madness.

Might have to alter that though because where he has been consistent is over the seasons he's consistently hit good numbers and goal contributions which shows a good level of consistency in itself which would mean he's on the WC bracket for me.
Everyone has their definition of world class. For me it's consistency over a season and consistency over 90 minutes both.

Some players score almost every game but otherwise offer very little to the team during the other 89 minutes. E.g. Aubameyang, Lukaku. Not world class. This isn't hating poachers either, a poacher can still hassle the oppostion by makings runs in behind, pressing the keeper, duelling with CBs, and taking a high volume of shots.

Son too often struggles to press, defend, retain possession under pressure, lacks top tier vision and passing (though his crossing is quality), can't head the ball. So despite his fantastic goal scoring, he's not, and I don't think ever will be world class.

Everyone has their definition of world class. For me it's consistency over a season and consistency over 90 minutes both.

Some players score almost every game but otherwise offer very little to the team during the other 89 minutes. E.g. Aubameyang, Lukaku. Not world class. This isn't hating poachers either, a poacher can still hassle the oppostion by makings runs in behind, pressing the keeper, duelling with CBs, and taking a high volume of shots.

Son too often struggles to press, defend, retain possession under pressure, lacks top tier vision and passing (though his crossing is quality), can't head the ball. So despite his fantastic goal scoring, he's not, and I don't think ever will be world class.
Kane and Son both are not world class yet. They each have glaring weaknesses and have yet to perform when it matters most on a big stage. They fail time and time again when the pressure is on. Today is just another example.

Back
Top Bottom