Brighton (H) - Saturday (16th April) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pathetic... at a critically important point in the season again we just bottle it.
Brighton were way better than us today, which is enough to tell you everything about this gutless team....

So much to play for, at home and we couldn't string a pass together. Sick of the soft centre and all the excuses on offer..we were dog shit on a day that should've seen us ruthless.

Why? They’ve been on a very bad run, played well and got what they deserved in the winner today so they rightly celebrate. Stop with your tribal mentality.
He was saying that the statistics are embarrassing and he’s right. He wasn’t having a go at Brighton for celebrating dummy.

Whooooh!
392001780_PARTY_POPPER_400px.gif

Steady on hot shot... what you gonna spend it all on?

It was baffling. Important game and they played it like it was an international friendly or some shit. Players lbarely worked up a sweat, I was on the verge of chucking something through the screen when in the 86th minute Brighton had the ball and were just tapping it about. NOBODY was fucking pressuring them! We were acting like a relegation threatened team happy for a point.

They were very well organised, got their tactics right & were sneaky, but on our own side the total lack of any desire was horrid to watch. It's a very common cliche to blame players not trying when your team lose, but in this case holy shit was there a basic lack of effort.
You would have thought Brighton were the team with something to play for.

Understand the anger/frustration. I pounded the shit out of the sofa when PEH had the ball in midfield late on, dawdled, and was easily nicked off him.

Had a whole week off, at home, no injuries of note, and we turn out that shite. Still fuming to be fair.

Only saving grace for me is I didn't go to it.

He kept going 2 yards to his centre backs with kickouts. Insyead of going long with some to make brighton drop off a little. Again poor IQ from our players.
I was screaming at him and the defence to pump some balls forward, at least mix it up a bit. This game was very bad for my blood pressure.

I don't care if this loss was a painful one, but it still is a good reality check.

We don't expect much from Emerson, obviously he's never gonna be a wing-back and never was one, but Reguilon is really disappointing. You could think why Reggy fails to provide at left wing-back position, he has all the right attributes to play there, but keeps disappointing us and probably Conte. Sess has a lot more potencial and brighter future at Spurs than Reguilon, we should play him.

I don't know why but attacking trio was nowhere to be seen today. They are good and we have a great future with them, but the thing is that Bergwijn must play more, he can win us some games till the end of the season.

Seeing Winks play is again depressive. Nothing about it, we need Skipp and to buy someone.

Of course, I think that one of the factors of this loss was that this week for Tottenham has been kinda chaotic. Conte didn't have a full week because of COVID, so that wasn't great. He needs a lot of time to prepare players for upcoming game and this week he didn't have that much time.

Talking about top4 race, we still have everyting in our hands. We just need to understand that summer will be very important. To buy and also to sell players who are underperforming, because some of them give me depression. Champions League is very important.

I'm on the bus, so can't scream in frustration like a nutcase.... But I really want to!

Gonna have to find a quiet corner in a park, and scream there...

Might frighten some dog walkers...

steven-toast.gif

Most fans are double annoyed because of the cl which Im no fan of by the way, if I haven’t mentioned it before lol

The last 3 games out of the 270 mins , we have been awful for 180 of those minutes . Villa should have put us out of sight in that first half last week.

I said those last two first half performances worried me and today I saw why.

We are a counter attacking side. We don’t have the type of players to break teams down that sit behind the ball . Our midfield is just not capable of doing it.

We have 3 attacking minded players in our team. You just won’t break teams down with 3 attacking minded players.

Untill that changes we will still get these results frequently.

Whoever finishes 4th will have nothing to boast about. It’s the best of a bad bunch. I only want 4th so we can get back to playing on Saturdays again .

I was screaming at him and the defence to pump some balls forward, at least mix it up a bit. This game was very bad for my blood pressure.
Yes! That's what annoyed me. At no point did we whip some crosses in, go long, have a pot shot, etc. Just slow, nothing passes along the backline. Kind of game where it would have been a blessing to concede early to wake us the hell up. Dreadful, dreadful stuff.

He missed his face by an inch, didn’t make contact with the chest. The Brighton player reacted in shock by clutching his face knowing that had that connected it would’ve been lights out. Take your lillywhite tinted glasses off for a second.
The Brighton player held his face in an act of simulation. Yes he didn’t go down but simulation it was. Tbh not much evidence on display that you actually support Spurs from a lot of your comments this afternoon

Most fans are double annoyed because of the cl which Im no fan of by the way, if I haven’t mentioned it before lol

The last 3 games out of the 270 mins , we have been awful for 180 of those minutes . Villa should have put us out of sight in that first half last week.

I said those last two first half performances worried me and today I saw why.

We are a counter attacking side. We don’t have the type of players to break teams down that sit behind the ball . Our midfield is just not capable of doing it.

We have 3 attacking minded players in our team. You just won’t break teams down with 3 attacking minded players.

Untill that changes we will still get these results frequently.

Whoever finishes 4th will have nothing to boast about. It’s the best of a bad bunch. I only want 4th so we can get back to playing on Saturdays again .

We are a counter attacking side but just look how prolific we have become when it all clicks into place. Under Poch we were all about possession but still had problems breaking down teams that sat deep. I actually prefer Contes tactics, they are proven if you look at all he has won.

I don't care if this loss was a painful one, but it still is a good reality check.

We don't expect much from Emerson, obviously he's never gonna be a wing-back and never was one, but Reguilon is really disappointing. You could think why Reggy fails to provide at left wing-back position, he has all the right attributes to play there, but keeps disappointing us and probably Conte. Sess has a lot more potencial and brighter future at Spurs than Reguilon, we should play him.

I don't know why but attacking trio was nowhere to be seen today. They are good and we have a great future with them, but the thing is that Bergwijn must play more, he can win us some games till the end of the season.

Seeing Winks play is again depressive. Nothing about it, we need Skipp and to buy someone.

Of course, I think that one of the factors of this loss was that this week for Tottenham has been kinda chaotic. Conte didn't have a full week because of COVID, so that wasn't great. He needs a lot of time to prepare players for upcoming game and this week he didn't have that much time.

Talking about top4 race, we still have everyting in our hands. We just need to understand that summer will be very important. To buy and also to sell players who are underperforming, because some of them give me depression. Champions League is very important.
Because of your avatar I'm reading this as Paratici and it makes me feel slightly better.

Back
Top Bottom