Brighton (H) - Saturday (16th April) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I support Spurs but my support doesn’t cause delusion like many football fans.

We should’ve been praising the Brighton player for being honest instead people call him names, bizarre.

It wasn’t simulation that is a hilarious take, the guy almost got knocked out and clutched his face involuntarily in surprise then quickly ran off. Had that been another player they would’ve been on the ground rolling around.
So if you don’t get hit in the face but hold your face as if you were that isn’t simulation then? How can you possibly know that he clutched his face involuntarily in shock? What a pile of bollox

Either way you misread the situation. He wasn’t hit in the face so he had no reason to pretend he was which is cheating. So instead of having a go at Kulu and Spurs fans how about calling out the Brighton player?

I haven’t misread the situation at all, reason implies intent which I’ve already refuted by saying his action to clutch his face was clearly INVOLUNTARY!!

My first comment was a general observation about why diving is so prominent in the sport and that this is a perfect case study for why there is so much play acting. My intention wasn’t to have a go at anyone although it does grind my gears when supporters throw logic and reason out the window in blind support of their club and players.

Last edited:
The sun is out...
it's fucking glorious weather...
It's Easter weekend...
We're 4th...

ALL we had to fucking do was beat Brighton at home and consolidate that to cap off a great weekend....

Sometimes I think Spurs players HATE their own fans!

Fucking dozy idiots!

So if you don’t get hit in the face but hold your face as if you were that isn’t simulation then? How can you possibly know that he clutched his face involuntarily in shock? What a pile of bollox

Have you ever played a fast paced competitive sport? Your twitch reactions are on fire and it looked to me that the reaction was one of momentary surprise. If it was simulation he would’ve made more of a meal of it, you’re speaking shite.

Cucurella should be praised for his honesty for not going down, if he had simulated then Dejan would’ve been rightly sent off.

These instances prove why diving and simulation are rife in football.

It's a shame to be handed a top 4 spot by default rather than winning it. Obviously want to finish above Woolwich at any cost but waiting to see if they lose doesn't give me much of a thrill or a feeling of pride.

Have you ever played a fast paced competitive sport? Your twitch reactions are on fire and it looked to me that the reaction was one of momentary surprise. If it was simulation he would’ve made more of a meal of it, you’re speaking shite.

Cucurella should be praised for his honesty not going down, if he had simulated then Dejan would’ve been rightly sent off.

These instances prove why diving and simulation are rife in football.
Make no mistake... Brighton/Potter knew EXACTLY what they were doing... 'cos they were doing it from the 5th minute on...

This was no 90th minute time wasting... This was from the off!!

The sad thing is, WE (and the Referee) fell for it!

Make no mistake... Brighton/Potter knew EXACTLY what they were doing... 'cos they were doing it from the 5th minute on...

They played a good game , I think more than anything Conte will be learning a great deal from the way this weekend has gone

I'd plead caution over getting too dismayed. The general direction of travel under Conte is good, but he's only had one transfer window. The future can still be bright.
Conte doesn't seem to be able to come up with a plan against a team that stays compact. He needs to sort that out because if not, every team will give us difficulties.

Yeah. Five minutes additional time in a game where nothing much really happened at all is a testament to just how much they were at it today.

The sun is out...
it's fucking glorious weather...
It's Easter weekend...
We're 4th...

ALL we had to fucking do was beat Brighton at home and consolidate that to cap off a great weekend....

Sometimes I think Spurs players HATE their own fans!

Fucking dozy idiots!
I know it's been discussed to death, but no game will make me feel as nauseous as that final matchday against an already relegated Newcastle needing only a point to finish above the scum for the first time in an age.

It truly felt like they just didn't give a fuck about us.

Conte doesn't seem to be able to come up with a plan against a team that stays compact. He needs to sort that out because if not, every team will give us difficulties.

He would do if he had the players, how the fek you meant to break down a defensive wall with Hojbjerg and Bentancur in midfield and Winks on the bench?

Have had time to calm down so I won’t post up all the emotive shit - DNA, destined to lose, club full of losers etc (though it’s true).

Potter did a number on Conte today. Flooded the midfield, didn’t get sucked in, left no space behind, wasted time, waited for one chance - and took it. I knew Brighton would play like this and so did you. We have nothing to offer other than Plan A. Zero creativity. I wouldn’t write this off as ‘an off day’. We don’t have much more to offer…

Fair play to them 😂😂

How so.... ?
They fell over from the 5th minute to when they scored...

Their disgusting anti-football tactics won the game against our soft centered pussies who couldn't break them down... That's on US....
But the dark arts falling over from 5 minutes on was nothing short of cheating...

Yet Potter and his beard will somehow be lorded as some football genius cos they did it against us...

I want that neanderthal nowhere near our club if that's the kind of football he's gonna bring!

I'd rather eat my own shit on toast?

Back
Top Bottom