Brighton (H) - Saturday (16th April) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have had time to calm down so I won’t post up all the emotive shit - DNA, destined to lose, club full of losers etc (though it’s true).

Potter did a number on Conte today. Flooded the midfield, didn’t get sucked in, left no space behind, wasted time, waited for one chance - and took it. I knew Brighton would play like this and so did you. We have nothing to offer other than Plan A. Zero creativity. I wouldn’t write this off as ‘an off day’. We don’t have much more to offer…
Disagree we were dog shit / normally decent passers like Kane bentancur kulu and Romero were awful - I don’t give potter any credit for us putting in such a shite performance summed up by lloris and his nonchalant (shite) playing out from the back - I think the team have got a bit above themselves - hopefully today is a wake up call

While I’m very relieved by the woolwich result, it just highlights what a missed opportunity today was.

Now it feels more like that was our gimme, fuck up game out of the way, but it’s a shame we used it up already. Woolwich will drop more points and so will United, we will need to be clinical from here on out.

While I’m very relieved by the woolwich result, it just highlights what a missed opportunity today was.

Now it feels more like that was our gimme, fuck up game out of the way, but it’s a shame we used it up already. Woolwich will drop more points and so will United, we will need to be clinical from here on out.

I feel like Woolwich only lost because we did. Like us when it’s in their hands, they shit the bed. If we had won then they would have won too.

We have been very very lucky today given the circumstances.

I would say it’s disappointing that we didn’t win given that Woolwich lost, but Sod’s law I doubt they would have lost if we had won.
We played first so really it's Woolwich that missed a chance. United close us though

Disagree we were dog shit / normally decent passers like Kane bentancur kulu and Romero were awful - I don’t give potter any credit for us putting in such a shite performance summed up by lloris and his nonchalant (shite) playing out from the back - I think the team have got a bit above themselves - hopefully today is a wake up call
I think it’s both, frankly. We were way off the mark today, just nothing was working. That said, Brighton were well organized, executed their game plan perfectly, and deserved the win.

Kane started the shite for me early on with his pathetic shot when he had Kulu on ahead of him

Don’t disagree with you mate - we were dog shit and should (‘should’) have had enough to beat Brighton. However, we all knew how Brighton would play and so should Conte have known this. They weren’t going to be sucked into our counter attacking game - then what???

Well, that was diabolical! But the good news is, my grandaughter wants to sit high up next time, so it hasn't put her off.

Thank God Woolwich lost again.

I think it’s both, frankly. We were way off the mark today, just nothing was working. That said, Brighton were well organized, executed their game plan perfectly, and deserved the win.
You say nothing was working but we didn't really do anything different. If we just get pressed then we have to play more direct. So often from keeper and defence we never played those quick passes long into the wing backs or up to kane. We kept trying to pass through Brighton who had nothing to play for really and just went for it. Sessignon should really have started or come on for the pointless excuse for a footballer that is royal....don't even get me started on winks. Soon as he came on I knew we'd lose. Another useless player. Also think son was knackered and bergwyn should have been on way earlier. Kane looked well off it too, not sure why. How Brighton didn't get a player sent off I don't know.

It really was a pathetic performance though. Just lethargic throughout. Never got going. Cant say one player had a decent game. These 1230 games are very often like this though. Managed to get away with that one though with the results today.

Wow. People really lose their nerve when we play bad. Players who've played well in probably 7 or 8 of the last 10 games are no longer good enough. If we can't respond with a performance against Brentford then it's time to worry.

You wonder why we keep needing these wake up calls.. it became quite clear that we needed to go more direct, one pass into the wing backs or to kane to hold up but we kept it moving so slowly, was never any urgency. I don't know why. Why do we need a wake up call. Why is there no urgency when it got late into the second half. Saw more of that when we went a goal down. Brighton were playing to spoil the party as they aren't playing for anything really.

You say nothing was working but we didn't really do anything different. If we just get pressed then we have to play more direct. So often from keeper and defence we never played those quick passes long into the wing backs or up to kane. We kept trying to pass through Brighton who had nothing to play for really and just went for it. Sessignon should really have started or come on for the pointless excuse for a footballer that is royal....don't even get me started on winks. Soon as he came on I knew we'd lose. Another useless player. Also think son was knackered and bergwyn should have been on way earlier. Kane looked well off it too, not sure why. How Brighton didn't get a player sent off I don't know.
I get what you’re saying but our passing was just off, we had a number of really bad first touches, we weren’t linking up well, and were generally just off our game. Part of that was down to Brighton just putting us off our game, but we saw uncharacteristically poor performances from a number of players who are key to how we function as a team.

Wow. People really lose their nerve when we play bad. Players who've played well in probably 7 or 8 of the last 10 games are no longer good enough. If we can't respond with a performance against Brentford then it's time to worry.
Not really. After the last 4 games and to have this game at home. You'd expect some urgency and effort surely. I do think maybe we need to use lucus and bergwyn to start (one or maybe even both) or to come on earlier. Kane and son play 90mons of every game and it's going to take it's toll

You describe Royal as a 'pointless excuse for a footballer'. I wouldn't rate him that highly.

I get what you’re saying but our passing was just off, we had a number of really bad first touches, we weren’t linking up well, and were generally just off our game. Part of that was down to Brighton just putting us off our game, but we saw uncharacteristically poor performances from a number of players who are key to how we function as a team.
You are right. It's down to the pressure. But then we should respond and adjust. But it was just the same again, we didn't try everything. It seems we have one way of playing and certain teams play into our hands. We have to find different combinations and styles so we can adjust. But fair enough Conte has poor wing backs and no game changers on the bench. Do think Conte should have brought bergwyn on earlier. Son looked off it and we cannot play son and kane into the ground. They play 90mins of nearly every game... eventually this kind of performance will happen

Not really. Its just a reminder that we still have these Mourinho/Nuno non performances in us. Wolves, Burnley, Southampton to an extent. Dreadful first half against Villa and again lacklustre first half against Newcastle. No one expects perefection but its a concern that when we're not on it we can lose to absolutely anyone home or away.

Back
Top Bottom