Brentford vs Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday the 23rd of April at 17:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why is it so many just think that we / football can only be played WBs. I’m sure most teams play with back . WBs are not the only way you can play football especially when you have shit ones.

Best speak to our manager about this and despite a few poor games we have done pretty well since he has taken over with this formation.
We could ho back to Nunos back 4 like earlier in the season if you prefer?

I do wonder what's going on behind the scenes. How can we go from looking like Dragon slayers to cellar gimps so quickly?
It makes me wonder what the fuck I am doing with the time in my life and whether I’m better served doing something else like learning an instrument
Might I suggest you take up the trombone so that everytime Emerson loses the ball you can do a comical glissando in the stands.

Felt like we won 0-0 today which was weird, spurs fans who were at Brentford today will understand you were lucky to escape with a point.

First 20 mins away fans were good but it all died out, find it strange the songs you sing containing the “Y” word as we were all told that's banned now.

Looking for honest opinions re;Brentford today ?

Are you serious?
Tuchel went to Chelsea who spends 100 of millions in transfer windows. Compare their bench to ours.
Ancelotti went to Real F!S plus Everton

We had 2 top name managers in Jose and Conte and still same shi!t result. It's not the manager, it's the owner. why don't Spurs fans get it!!!
Tutchel joined end of January and bought nobody.
Emery won a Europa league since leaving,
My point was most managers win after leaving psg

"Think we´re only 2-3 signings away from being challengers"

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal
There are some serious jokers on this forum for sure

We’ll fluke a league or FA Cup eventually, but I think the club will never again reach the consistency, quality of football, and high-level success of Pochettino’s years here. I think we topped out what the club’s capacity those years and I don’t expect to ever see better.

This isn’t a bring back Poch post, I loved his time here and will always view him positively but I don’t think he can recreate the magic again. He’s a good, not great manager. More than anything he was a perfect match for that group of players.

But everything went right at the club with that squad. We brought the captain of England through our academy. We bought Rose, Alli, Dier, and Walker as homegrown teenagers who cost a combined £11m and became immense players and regular internationals. Lloris, Eriksen, Toby, Vertonghen, Dembele and Wanyama all cost £15m or less. Hell Son was only £22m.

We had an unprecedented run of successful purchases and academy successes and we had some great years, a champions league final, but never actually won anything. We’ve seen in the subsequent years that what we did with player acquisition wasn’t replicable. Getting those players for those prices was miraculous.

I don’t see everything aligning like that for us again. We squandered our golden generation and now are just running on those fumes. I don’t expect to see anything as good for decades.
I’m sure ticket prices will not reflect this however

Not surprised at all but it still manages to ruin my weekends. Same old with this squad. Too many mentally weak bottlers who crumble at the faintest hint of pressure or opportunity. Why are they professional sportsmen and why is our club mentality so utterly shit?!
Because of the owners

The Woolwich game is going to be a virtual final for the CL spot, if Kane doesn't show up for that then he can just feck off to wherever he wants to go in the summer
We now need to get 3 points from the Liverpool game,
Assuming Woolwich win all their games leading up to it we will be 5 points behind them going into the NLD if we don’t win at anfield, a draw is now no good to us,
We are relying on Woolwich dropping points at West Ham or Newcastle.
And there assuming we beat Leicester.
It’s out of our hand now 🥲

Have you ever wondered why every top manager hired by Spurs starts "choking"

Strange phenomenon isnt it.
Maybe one for the scientific community to look into

:sonhmm:
I don’t know if you’re having a go at the players or at Levy, so I won’t comment on that part.

People probably wouldn’t be as harsh on Conte if he made some subs that weren’t 5minutes before the final whistle. Not saying our subs would’ve made a massive or any difference, but it’s a better look than just sitting there being annoyed with the situation but not doing anything about it.

And what the fuck was Sanchez all about?

What the fuck can Moura charge in 4 mins?
Exactly. To change nothing in two games throughout those games until the end is just baffling. The caliber of this manager should be doing much better. I don't want him to leave but ffs I want to understand what it is he thinks he is watching and how he can simply stand there and not see it or change it. Even swapping out a man for man doesn't change how we play. 3-4-3 does not fucking work..why persist? Why not 3-5-2??

Last edited:
We kind of have been "found out"

Defend deep with every player you have

Doesn't seem to happen to other teams, but the selection of Emerson is seriously hindering us
Actually does happen to the big teams now and again.

It's basically been our game plan for the last few games against City

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom