Brentford vs Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday the 23rd of April at 17:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We now need to get 3 points from the Liverpool game,
Assuming Woolwich win all their games leading up to it we will be 5 points behind them going into the NLD if we don’t win at anfield, a draw is now no good to us,
We are relying on Woolwich dropping points at West Ham or Newcastle.
And there assuming we beat Leicester.
It’s out of our hand now 🥲
Hoping Everton nicks 3 points off of Woolwich since they seem to play well now that their back is against the wall

The Tottenham DNA that Levy pretended to understand in his video seems to have evaporated , well vanished . Not sure how you erase a DNA but one trophy in 22 years is evidence it can be done. The only conclusion I can see is as Keith Burkinshaw said when quitting, “ Their use to be a football club over there” or words to that effect. So we are no longer a football club about glory , we are a completely different entity . We will talk crap about Levy under pressure , he must back Conte or he is toast , but the reality is he and Lewis own the club. They are going nowhere, we will continue to pay champagne prices for light ale football.
We have a great manager with a very average team , who now seems to us fans to be making strange decisions, especially subs wise. Some fans starting to lose faith in Conte, Levy thinking that’s handy they are starting to blame Syrup.
The debacle against Brentford yesterday is merely confirmation that we remain a long way off from where we once were , apart from a brief flirtation under Poch, when we were close but no cigar.

Hopefully we back Conte and he stays , any other scenario seems pretty apocalyptic right now. No top manager comes if Conte walks after 7 or 8 months would be my guess.

I fully expect accusations of being a melter , but no shots on target in two games v Brighton and Brentford , plus losing to Burnley is unacceptable. Turns out we really can’t get a result against the Bees.

Tottenham DNA = Danny Not Accountable

Last edited:
Exactly. To change nothing in two games throughout those games until the end is just baffling. The caliber of this manager should be doing much better. I don't want him to leave but ffs I want to understand what it is he thinks he is watching and how he can simply stand there and not see it or change it. Even swapping out a man for man doesn't change how we play. 3-4-3 does not fucking work..why persist? Why not 3-5-2??
Reminds me of late era Poch. I can't accept that Conte doesn't see the problem. It's more of an attitude issue. Either he's being dogmatic or he's tanking us to fuck off with the severence package.

Credit to Brighton and Brentford, first and foremost but this April stuttering is familiar to all of us for the last decade. And there's two constants throughout that and it's not the managers.

Players bemoan not playing at the top level but ours often fall short when it matters.

Five big games left. In our hands, but that Liverpool game is now an absolute fucker. Would have been nice to have had a points buffer.

Best speak to our manager about this and despite a few poor games we have done pretty well since he has taken over with this formation.
We could ho back to Nunos back 4 like earlier in the season if you prefer?
I’m saying if it’s not working and we haven’t created a decent chance in 180 mins of football v let’s face not too great sides then change something. Go to back 4 put extra forward on or young harvey in CM. At least try something rather than just stand there and do nothing. Reminded my of Southgate in euro final.

I said earlier in the week I hoped conte and the players were watching dippers v manure for how they approached the game and their willingness to run all over the pitch. That is how I wanted us to approach the gane yday and last week. Go for the throat put them to the sword get 2 goals up or something then you can piss around with the ball at the back and play counter. But no we started and approached both games with mentality we were already 2 up. Shocking performances for the target we had in our hands. Conte might have won titles but sure as hell he could at least set us up to play like we are a top team going for CL and not like a bottom half team flirting with relegation. I think last everyone was saying we played like the away team. We have 60k fans expecting us to attack and see them off but no conte prefers slow sit back shit. It won’t work unless you have real quality in defence. We sit and yet still concede chances yet both Brighton and Brentford hardly let us get in their pen box. He says the watch the videos after games to learn well they must have put a blank tape after Brighton gane as they learned nothing and changed nothing not in tactics, mentality, intensity, pressing , formation or players.

These passive performances are just ridiculous. Not acceptable at any time, but in a run in for 4th they are unforgivable.

Really bizarre and the way even the likes of Conte, Kane and Son have gone AWOL just gives me the impression something has gone wrong behind the scenes. Has Conte just give up.

It’s a run in as you say so in theory our players should be more driven but they act like we are 10th with nothing to play for.

Really bizarre and the way even the likes of Conte, Kane and Son have gone AWOL just gives me the impression something has gone wrong behind the scenes. Has Conte just give up.

It’s a run in as you say so in theory our players should be more driven but they act like we are 10th with nothing to play for.

It was in our hands, no reason to give up. But the last two performances have been bizarre as you say. Not even a bit of it makes sense. To go from killing teams to just sitting back within a couple of weeks is not on. I refuse to believe that Doherty is the key, no matter how well he had been playing.

Not ONE shot on target in two consecutive games is unforgivable....
The fact those games were against Brighton and Brentford is just laughable!

A fucking pot shot from ANYWHERE would've been vaguely acceptable!

It was in our hands, no reason to give up. But the last two performances have been bizarre as you say. Not even a bit of it makes sense. To go from killing teams to just sitting back within a couple of weeks is not on. I refuse to believe that Doherty is the key, no matter how well he had been playing.

Skipp I think has been the biggest miss for us, adds energy and gets the ball quickly into the front 3 but we have won games without him. I can’t figure out why we have just shut down the last 2 games, it’s like a mental collapse.

Skipp I think has been the biggest miss for us, adds energy and gets the ball quickly into the front 3 but we have won games without him. I can’t figure out why we have just shut down the last 2 games, it’s like a mental collapse.
I was thinking about this earlier and was left wondering if Doc somehow was the glue that held it all together. It would make some sense as he’s the only RWB we’ve got, and the only one who’s somewhat effective as neither of the LWB do all that much.

I don’t know if you’re having a go at the players or at Levy, so I won’t comment on that part.

People probably wouldn’t be as harsh on Conte if he made some subs that weren’t 5minutes before the final whistle. Not saying our subs would’ve made a massive or any difference, but it’s a better look than just sitting there being annoyed with the situation but not doing anything about it.
The 5minuet sub thing for isn’t new Pochettino did the same did he not?

Back
Top Bottom