Brentford vs Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday the 23rd of April at 17:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched the game with some pals. Sometimes I wonder if we get wrapped up in Tottenham too much and become hypercritical. Yesterday however everyone picked up on the lack of effort and urgency. I would rather we lost trying to get 3 points then that insipid display. Worrying this is happening towards the end of the season.

Watched the game with some pals. Sometimes I wonder if we get wrapped up in Tottenham too much and become hypercritical. Yesterday however everyone picked up on the lack of effort and urgency. I would rather we lost trying to get 3 points then that insipid display. Worrying this is happening towards the end of the season.

Yeh, would much rather we roll the dice and fail than be sat on our hands and left thinking "what if".

Poch won't win things if he comes to Spurs because squad is cr@p. We have the proof, Jose and Conte.

IMHO after trying the good, the bad and the ugly, no manager will win anything or get top 4 at Spurs until new owners.
Long wait unless when Lewis croaks his daughter says fuck this for a game of soldiers , I’m cashing in leaving junior partner Danny boy in the crapper

Still jealous of Everton & Moshiri tbh.

Smarting at the way Villa predictably embarrassed us this season too.
I’m not jealous of Leicester is the counter argument who have won more trophies , more prestigious ones as well , in half the time with less fanbase and money.
Clearly Wigan are and never were a premier league club , but Dave Whelan has won a more prestigious trophy for his club than Levy , In terms of trophy credibility and wins Spurs under Levy are matching Birmingham though

Last edited:
I see that at Bayern the PA plays the "Can Can" bit of Offenbach's 'Orpheus in the Underworld'

I suggest What Hope Lane's PA should be playing "Can't Can't" from Oftencrap's 'Orphulness in the Underfourth"

I’m not jealous of Leicester is the counter argument who have won more trophies , more prestigious ones as well , in half the time with less fanbase and money.
Clearly Wigan are and never were a premier league club , but Dave Whelan has won a more prestigious trophy for his club than Levy , In terms of trophy credibility and wins Spurs under Levy are matching Birmingham though
Its daft trying to equate us to Leicester, Wigan and Birmingham

but not as daft as trying to equate us to clubs with much better financial input into the football teams.

When are people going to get the fact that it isn't THFC's business model to pour everything back into the club - unless it's to make it more valuable from a sales perspective.

When Lewis sells up - or croaks, things might change. But be careful what you wish for - we might get a set of Glazer asset strippers, who run the organisation down even further than ENIC

Just can not believe how this team, despite the obvious lack of quality, have gone from looking threatening and cohesive to an utter goal-shy shambles in a manner of weeks.

Its daft trying to equate us to Leicester, Wigan and Birmingham

but not as daft as trying to equate us to clubs with much better financial input into the football teams.

When are people going to get the fact that it isn't THFC's business model to pour everything back into the club - unless it's to make it more valuable from a sales perspective.

When Lewis sells up - or croaks, things might change. But be careful what you wish for - we might get a set of Glazer asset strippers, who run the organisation down even further than ENIC
My comment was in response to using Everton and Villa, neither of whom are doing well. However neither owner has been there close to 22 years . I look at the Villa owner and he is a smart guy, he may have to bomb out Gerrard but he is no mug. I actually do doubt it will take him 22 years to win only one league cup.

We might well get worse owners , who knows? But that is like saying Levy is better than Sugar so be grateful . He has overseen 22 years of failure , a state of the art stadium admittedly , but one than ran late and massively over budget .
So as long he Is here I will say I am spectacularly unimpressed thus far with his performance as CEO. I sure as hell am not going to worry about who he sells to, as that prospect seems remote

Finally Liverpool were a real mess when John Henry took over , so I think 22 years of failure is unacceptable.

Last edited:
Was a shit day all round for me yesterday, started with the public transport and only just making it there on time.

Just can not believe how this team, despite the obvious lack of quality, have gone from looking threatening and cohesive to an utter goal-shy shambles in a manner of weeks.

It’s not that complicated. Opponents were letting us play into big spaces and getting destroyed. They weren’t taking us seriously. Eventually we would face a manager who was not stupid and Potter’s Brighton set out the template for how to beat us. Throw in some complacency/nerves and you get what we saw in the last two games. A team that got carried away after some easy wins and forgot how hard it is to beat a stubborn, organised team.

Back
Top Bottom