Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are in no position to compete in the champs league or make any form of serious league challenge .
This is our level and it will stay like this ,
maybe a league cup every 2 decades and
a top 4 position occasionally .

We are in no position to compete in the champs league or make any form of serious league challenge .
This is our level and it will stay like this ,
maybe a league cup every 2 decades and
a top 4 position occasionally .

The scouting, development and investment in the squad coming back to bite.

Huh? That’s a stupid strawman argument you made up. There owners have won lots of things for their clubs so I think they are very hungry for success. They are in a different world to our owners. If we had won everything besides the CL then you may have a point. & if we had, then I’d love our owners!
To even compare ours to theirs is crazy. Imagine thinking enic & city/psg owners are equally as hungry for success!!!
You my friend, are crazy 😜.

This is why I avoid a back & forth with you enic/levy lovers. You start with silly logic/arguments & somehow think we are comparable to the likes of Man City!
Lost the plot you have! Are you Steve in disguise?!!!
Anyway, I am going to leave you to compare us to city & their super successful owners.
If you can’t see how flawed that is then I can’t be arsed to explain it. Over & out.

Fingers crossed West Ham do us a big favour!

Success isn't binary in my opinion. While we obviously would've wanted to win more trophies under ENIC (I guess it's their fault we've not scored in our last 4 finals and bottled countless semi-finals?), it is ridiculous to suggest that any team can just spend money and win the league or CL at will.

Everton have spent £500m and are on the brink of relegation. There are so many clubs that in the same era as ENIC's tenure have achieved absolutely nothing too. Newcastle consider themselves a big club and have done fuck all. Villa, Sunderland, Leeds, Everton, Notts Forest, just to name a few. These are probably all clubs that considered themselves equal or bigger than us when ENIC took over.

Why do those who are anti-ENIC never credit them with raising the expectations to where they are today? The reason that we consider Europa League below us is because under ENIC we've enjoyed a CL final and multiple CL runs/top 3/4 PL finishes.

If you turned around and said "They've done a great job on the infrastructure of the club, they've given us a lot of good memories over the past 10 years but I don't think they're the people to take us to silverware" then I'd potentially agree with you but the rhetoric is always some nonsense that we've been massively unsuccessful because they don't spend the money and we always get compared to those in the upper echelons, not the many, many clubs who have failed below us.

I repeat, we are literally such an expectant fan base in 2022 because of what Levy and ENIC have built during their tenure. If we had had 20 years of mid-table and bottom half finishes, we would not be looking down on the Europa League.

So Liverpool aren’t competing with city. You just make up more crap to defend your true love… enic. That is not our club. Try to remember that in future.
You will settle for winning a league cup every 20+years & then carry on defending your true love to anyone who will listen.
Dave Whelan at Wigan is a more successful trophy winner as Wigan chairman than Levy. He has been out of the picture for ages as well
Levy supporters will say but they got relegated, which actually just illustrates how poor Levy has been. A non premier league standard team is more successful than Levy‘s Spurs, ( edit in terms of quality of trophies won )

Last edited:
Dave Whelan at Wigan is a more successful trophy winner as Wigan chairman than Levy. He has been out of the picture for ages as well
Levy supporters will say but they got relegated, which actually just illustrates how poor Levy has been. A non premier league standard team is more successful than Levy‘s Spurs.

What and utter embarrassment of a post, honestly :D

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Factually it's correct but I've watched Spurs play some of Europe's elite over the past 10 years, something I never thought I'd see growing up in the 90s. Give me that over one poxy FA cup and years in league one.

Factually it's correct but I've watched Spurs play some of Europe's elite over the past 10 years, something I never thought I'd see growing up in the 90s. Give me that over one poxy FA cup and years in league one.
Kinda where we should be considering who we are . CL occasionally, Europa League regularly is about right for our size
I remember a time when we regularly won trophies , so actually maybe my age makes me unwilling to accept 1 trophy in 22 years

Kind of reinforces my point , a team who are basically a league 1 team apart from a couple of years should not have a better trophy haul than Spurs

It is odd, the total devotion to ENIC some have. It’s got to be a way of stroking there own financial ego or something. Align yourself to those supposed great business minds and you can show how money savy you are. Bit like the weird Mourinhoistas in a football sense

The answer mate is anywhere. Look at Everton for example..

We should not at this moment bemoan ENIC or Levy but be asking how we have relinquished hold of 4th so feebly..

2 games against Brighton and Brentford with our players.. A single point.

We can't always blame the owners or Levy when we fail on the pitch.
I think we could do a lot better with different owners. I understand if you believe the last few years that enic have taken us as far as possible. But I think we could have done much better. Just difference of opinions. This is peak spurs to you. To me we are underperforming under these owners.

Success isn't binary in my opinion. While we obviously would've wanted to win more trophies under ENIC (I guess it's their fault we've not scored in our last 4 finals and bottled countless semi-finals?), it is ridiculous to suggest that any team can just spend money and win the league or CL at will.

Everton have spent £500m and are on the brink of relegation. There are so many clubs that in the same era as ENIC's tenure have achieved absolutely nothing too. Newcastle consider themselves a big club and have done fuck all. Villa, Sunderland, Leeds, Everton, Notts Forest, just to name a few. These are probably all clubs that considered themselves equal or bigger than us when ENIC took over.

Why do those who are anti-ENIC never credit them with raising the expectations to where they are today? The reason that we consider Europa League below us is because under ENIC we've enjoyed a CL final and multiple CL runs/top 3/4 PL finishes.

If you turned around and said "They've done a great job on the infrastructure of the club, they've given us a lot of good memories over the past 10 years but I don't think they're the people to take us to silverware" then I'd potentially agree with you but the rhetoric is always some nonsense that we've been massively unsuccessful because they don't spend the money and we always get compared to those in the upper echelons, not the many, many clubs who have failed below us.

I repeat, we are literally such an expectant fan base in 2022 because of what Levy and ENIC have built during their tenure. If we had had 20 years of mid-table and bottom half finishes, we would not be looking down on the Europa League.
Gave up after your first paragraph after yet another strawman argument. You just make up something I said so you can argue against it.
Show me my post where I said any team can just spend money & win the league?!
You made that up. & so far every interaction with you has been you using silly logic or making up stuff to argue against.
So in fact, don’t bother. Easier to put you on ignore then repeatedly say “I never said that” over & over again! Life’s too short!
You just aren’t listening to what I am saying & just putting words in my mouth so it’s a pointless debate. Enjoy your day anyway

Last edited:
Levy supporters will say but they got relegated, which actually just illustrates how poor Levy has been. A non premier league standard team is more successful than Levy‘s Spurs, ( edit in terms of quality of trophies won )
Agreed. Just a league cup in over 20 years is clearly a failure & underperforming for a club of our size.
How you can say that it is successful is crazy to me.
But then these levy/enic defenders would happily support & defend them if we won nothing for another 50 years.
So they have dead low standards for us.
They would be satisfied with whatever enic/levy do. Super league, move to the east end of London, no signings etc.

Back
Top Bottom