Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The reality is every time I go toe to toe with you melts, you have no response or you end up sounding like shrill anti-vaxxers.

The reason the smart people around here are amazed at your posts is because you sound like a bunch of entitled cry babies.

Step away from the aggregators and trash football sources and get a hobby where you can control the outcomes. You’ll enjoy this far more

The reality is every time I go toe to toe with you melts, you have no response or you end up sounding like shrill anti-vaxxers.

The reason the smart people around here are amazed at your posts is because you sound like a bunch of entitled cry babies.

Step away from the aggregators and trash football sources and get a hobby where you can control the outcomes. You’ll enjoy this far more
"People who agree with me are smart, those that disagree are stupid" shock claim

"People who agree with me are smart, those that disagree are stupid" shock claim
People who cherry pick evidence or who pretend a piece of the puzzle is the whole damn thing… people whose assumption is « the only way to judge a football club’s progress is trophies »…. those are the stupid people.

I don’t mind. Statistically, half of people on this forum are below average intelligence. I’m just explaining why y’all are tedious

Last edited:
Agree. Won't say anything when we're winning but as soon as we start dropping points it's all Levy's & ENIC fault. I have mates who find it hard to to say anything positive about the club because they have such an agenda against the board they would rather see the club completely fail just so they can say 'Told you so'.

Its comical.

My personal view is there's lots the board could have done better but at the same time they've also done a lot for the club which is why I don't feel the need to slate them at every opportunity.

Could you imagine this forum if we were Everton right now.
Remember how many people were big upping Everton for "showing ambition"?

It all seems so much easier from the sofa.

It’s funny he said people ‘have no response’ to him. Why should they? There’s ENIC fans and Tottenham fans, and ENIC fans cannot look beyond financial reports when it comes to how they view the club. As long as they’re not ‘doing a Leeds’ all is well. Stupidly low bar for a club that claims to want to be regularly in the CL and challenge for the title, but I digress.

When it comes to the ENIC fans, I’m reminded of the quote “Don’t argue with idiots, because they will take you to their level, and then they will beat you with experience.”

It’s funny he said people ‘have no response’ to him. Why should they? There’s ENIC fans and Tottenham fans, and ENIC fans cannot look beyond financial reports when it comes to how they view the club. As long as they’re not ‘doing a Leeds’ all is well. Stupidly low bar for a club that claims to want to be regularly in the CL and challenge for the title, but I digress.

When it comes to the ENIC fans, I’m reminded of the quote “Don’t argue with idiots, because they will take you to their level, and then they will beat you with experience.”

:contefacepalm:

As part of a three generation ST-holding family who has spent tens ( if not hundreds) of thousands of pounds following Tottenham, l love to be told that I’m a disgrace — probably from some ENIC era newbie — for providing an actual balanced view of our history and current position which is dismissed as ‘defending ENIC’.

I honestly can’t be bothered to argue with the blatant lies and distortions on this thread: We were a more successful club in the 90s. Dave Whelan is more successful than Lewis/Levy etc.

So, I’m left with a single suggestion:

If you don’t like Levy, have a fucking whip round amongst your like-minded mates next time you’re at The Bricklayers, come up with three billion and buy those hated owners out. Oh, and don’t forget to add in the one hundred and fifty million that you demand the owners spend in the next window to challenge City. Let me know where I can drop you a tenner.

Last edited:
2fn8fa5.jpg

Power to the people!!

Love a sign that looks like it just says FUCK OFF

(Never red guys FFS)
With my Levy out but I’m apathetic attitude, my placard would just say FUC. I would have then gone and had a cup of tea and couldn’t be arsed to finish it , so I’m not going to criticise

People who cherry pick evidence or who pretend a piece of the puzzle is the whole damn thing… people whose assumption is « the only way to judge a football club’s progress is trophies »…. those are the stupid people.

I don’t mind. Statistically, half of people on this forum are below average intelligence. I’m just explaining why y’all are tedious
Which half are you in , it‘s far from obvious

Success isn't binary in my opinion. While we obviously would've wanted to win more trophies under ENIC (I guess it's their fault we've not scored in our last 4 finals and bottled countless semi-finals?), it is ridiculous to suggest that any team can just spend money and win the league or CL at will.

Everton have spent £500m and are on the brink of relegation. There are so many clubs that in the same era as ENIC's tenure have achieved absolutely nothing too. Newcastle consider themselves a big club and have done fuck all. Villa, Sunderland, Leeds, Everton, Notts Forest, just to name a few. These are probably all clubs that considered themselves equal or bigger than us when ENIC took over.

Why do those who are anti-ENIC never credit them with raising the expectations to where they are today? The reason that we consider Europa League below us is because under ENIC we've enjoyed a CL final and multiple CL runs/top 3/4 PL finishes.

If you turned around and said "They've done a great job on the infrastructure of the club, they've given us a lot of good memories over the past 10 years but I don't think they're the people to take us to silverware" then I'd potentially agree with you but the rhetoric is always some nonsense that we've been massively unsuccessful because they don't spend the money and we always get compared to those in the upper echelons, not the many, many clubs who have failed below us.

I repeat, we are literally such an expectant fan base in 2022 because of what Levy and ENIC have built during their tenure. If we had had 20 years of mid-table and bottom half finishes, we would not be looking down on the Europa League.
I don't get this we look down on the Europa League nonsense since when did we do that.
As a club we can't win anything not even an argument in a telephone box so for me Europa is our true level considering how much we spend and the ambition under the current owners.
CL is the pinnacle of the clubs achievement under this set up so I don't know why anyone would knock another competition when a club like west ham has done better in one season than we did in about a decade in it overall.

I don't get this we look down on the Europa League nonsense since when did we do that.
As a club we can't win anything not even an argument in a telephone box so for me Europa is our true level considering how much we spend and the ambition under the current owners.
CL is the pinnacle of the clubs achievement under this set up so I don't know why anyone would knock another competition when a club like west ham has done better in one season than we did in about a decade in it overall.
Spammers rested players in a PL London derby ahead of a Europa match. That may not win them a trophy but it certainly gives them a better chance. We just would never do that especially if Poch comes back which is why we have not won a trophy. I would prefer to win the Europa rather than say get knocked out at the QF of CL or getting 4th in the PL.

As part of a three generation ST-holding family who has spent tens ( if not hundreds) of thousands of pounds following Tottenham, l love to be told that I’m a disgrace — probably from some ENIC era newbie — for providing an actual balanced view of our history and current position which is dismissed as ‘defending ENIC’.

I honestly can’t be bothered to argue with the blatant lies and distortions on this thread: We were a more successful club in the 90s. Dave Whelan is more successful than Lewis/Levy etc.

So, I’m left with a single suggestion:

If you don’t like Levy, have a fucking whip round amongst your like-minded mates next time you’re at The Bricklayers, come up with three billion and buy those hated owners out. Oh, and don’t forget to add in the one hundred and fifty million that you demand the owners spend in the next window to challenge City. Let me know where I can drop you a tenner.
Great post.

TBF, to a large segment its like hating/criticizing Levy is more important than supporting Tottenham Hotspur. There's many posters who can't wait to dig the knife in, and gleefully run to this thread every time we drop points or concede a goal. Loads of people's TFC activity spikes when we drop points and they can blather on about ENIC.
Everyone clicking disagree with this post, despite my not even alluding to any names, must feel targeted.

I wonder why.

:sonhmm:

Everyone clicking disagree with this post, despite my not even alluding to any names, must feel targeted.

I wonder why.

:sonhmm:
Your post suggested that many people on here are happy when we lose just so they can dig the knife into Levy etc....

In my opinion that's arrogant, patronising bollocks. So I, for one, disagreed.

If anything, the people showing their anger and frustration after a poor result are probably feeling the pain more than those who simply shrug it off while simultaneously rushing over to this thread to defend who many of us see as the underlying cause of our footall teams shortcomings.

Maybe stop crying over a few x's and accept some fans see things differently to you, yeah 👍

Back
Top Bottom