The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich could not have an easier game. West Ham are on the back of a big game for them and have an even bigger game in their sights next thursday. They could not give a monkeys about this game and will only be worried about not picking up an injury, so i;m expecting nothing but an easy Woolwich win.

The same should of course go for us regarding Leicester, it all comes down to the NLD and who's got the bigger bollocks.
Let's be fair, we BOTH have exactly the same game this weekend...

Only difference is, we're at home, they're away...

But anything other than a win for both of us, and the other can't complain about the other one 'having it easy'...

We need to win, West Ham won't do us any favours... And to be fair, why would they?

But anything other than a win for both of us, and the other can't complain about the other one 'having it easy'...

We need to win, West Ham won't do us any favours... And to be fair, why would they?
Forget us, they do with winning for their own sake. Can still finish above united and claim a Europa spot. It’d be pretty stupid of them to put everything in the Europa basket considering they’re 2-1 down and go to Germany.

Woolwich could not have an easier game. West Ham are on the back of a big game for them and have an even bigger game in their sights next thursday. They could not give a monkeys about this game and will only be worried about not picking up an injury, so i;m expecting nothing but an easy Woolwich win.

The same should of course go for us regarding Leicester, it all comes down to the NLD and who's got the bigger bollocks.

I did kind of say we had an equally easy (ish) game.

Forget us, they do with winning for their own sake. Can still finish above united and claim a Europa spot. It’d be pretty stupid of them to put everything in the Europa basket considering they’re 2-1 down and go to Germany.
Also people need to realise players in general do not share the same passion for these rivalries as the fans do. West ham players won't be thinking lets throw the game to piss off tottenham, they most likely couldn't give two shits if we get Champs or not. They will play to get a result as if it were any other game.

I have to say this but Woolwich have the much harder game this weekend then us. Forgetting about them, Leicster played in Italy on Thursday and are travelling to our ground this weekend. If we don’t win this, we don’t deserve fourth. I think Woolwich will win their game though as West Ham have a few injuries and suspensions in defence and have a terrible record against Woolwich. Best we can hope for is a draw which would still put us back into fourth provided we win our game.

What a shitty position we’ve put ourselves in. Probably the make or break weekend tbh as i don’t think we’ll get anything from the Liverplol game which means we’ll be five points behind them when we meet. We have to better Arsenals result otherwise I can’t see it happening for us and we’d only have ourselves to blame.

Leicester were at home on Thursday

The positive thing is as long as we do the business Sunday, we don’t actually need a Westham win. They were minutes away from getting a draw at Stamford bridge with a depleted team and they don’t want to keep losing games. If Westham can get a frustrating draw at home to Woolwich which is definitely realistic, we get the 3 points and we are then above Woolwich on goal difference. I think Westham can definitely draw this. We just need to win. Then, I personally think it will swing back in Woolwich’s favour when they beat Leeds and we lose to Liverpool, which leads to the mammoth NL derby which is the biggest in years.

Leeds game and Newcastle are no gimmes for Woolwich. Depending on Everton and Burnley results Leeds may still need points to stay up…
Conversely it gives Burnley more incentive to beat us.
Fuck now I’ve thought about it there’s more chance of us slipping at home to them than Woolwich at home to Leeds….fuck😩😩😩

[/QUOTE]
Sort of agree with this, but west ham are not guaranteed to beat Frankfurt (dont think they will). Moyes strikes me as a honest manager who will realise a win gets them above utd and improves west ham chances of Europa league next year. I think they'll want to win for themselves not us.

Sort of agree with this, but west ham are not guaranteed to beat Frankfurt (dont think they will). Moyes strikes me as a honest manager who will realise a win gets them above utd and improves west ham chances of Europa league next year. I think they'll want to win for themselves not us.

.....If WH lose and Wolves win this weekend, WH drop to 8th. Meanwhile Wolves have 1 game in hand on WH and 2 on Utd. That should keep them honest.

.....If WH lose and Wolves win this weekend, WH drop to 8th. Meanwhile Wolves have 1 game in hand on WH and 2 on Utd. That should keep them honest.

4. Spurs
5. Arse
6. Wolves
7. Utd.
8. WH

Is a fair possibility and that would be just rosey. :mourthumb:

It's gonna be a GOOD weekend!
You heard it here first ...
Leeds game and Newcastle are no gimmes for Woolwich. Depending on Everton and Burnley results Leeds may still need points to stay up…
Conversely it gives Burnley more incentive to beat us.
Fuck now I’ve thought about it there’s more chance of us slipping at home to them than Woolwich at home to Leeds….fuck😩😩😩
THAT'S What dropping points at home to Brighton, and away at Brentford in consecutive weeks does to you!

Weirdly, I STILL think it's gonna be a good weekend for us.

We win, Arse drop points... That's all we can hope for going into the next weekends' games...

Us away at Liverpool and Arse at home to Leeds will only ever go one way....
THAT'S why we need to be level or ahead of them going into the NLD.... and that starts tomorrow!!

Last edited:
It's gonna be a GOOD weekend!
You heard it here first ...

THAT'S What dropping points at home to Brighton, and away at Brentford in consecutive weeks does to you!

Weirdly, I STILL think it's gonna be a good weekend for us.

We win, Arse drop points... That's all we can hope for going into the next weekends' games...

Us away at Liverpool and Arse at home to Leeds will only ever go one way....
THAT'S why we need to be level or ahead of them going into the NLD.... and that starts tomorrow!!
Leeds aren’t that bad. The only gimme either side have is us vs Norwich imo

Leeds aren’t that bad. The only gimme either side have is us vs Norwich imo
Leeds played well but got beat four nil and I think suffered some injuries tonight but I think if they play like that again Woolwich they might nick a point.
I think it’s between them and Everton to drop, ideally it drags to last day and Everton need something from Woolwich game

3 points against Leicester today puts us above Woolwich by a point and + 8 GD on them - of course they still have their game against Wham to play - so Spurs finishing 4th is still possible.

Importantly though we are now 6 points ahead of ManU (in 6th place) who only have 3 games to play, so a maximum of 9 points - whereas Spurs have 4 games to play. So it looks increasingly likely Spurs will finish above ManU.

Similarly Spurs are now 9 points ahead of Wham (in 7th place) who have 4 games left to play (ie 12 points), so again its getting to be almost mathematically impossible for Spurs not finish ahead of Wham.

So it looks like Spurs very likely to either finish 4th or 5th now. Just not sure which, and just depends on our last 4 results and Woolwich of course. Its theoretically possible for us to finish above Chelsea (currently 3rd) but in practice, minimal chance !

I think most of us would have taken that at the start of the season

Back
Top Bottom