Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We aren’t keeping the likes of Kane unless we are challenging.
Conte is only saying what many of us feel. We’ve regressed at a time when we should have been motoring on. The barren transfer windows that fucked Poch still haven’t been remedied.
Time to dig deep Levy.
Whether that’s with Conte or the next fella.

I think the club has already chosen what type it wants to be.

One that prioritises profit over glory and is happy to be on the periphery so long as the money rolls in.

One that fulflls our self proclaimed role as anchor tenants in a stadium designed to maximise revenue for €NIC from hosting as many glamorous non football related events as they can feasibly squeeze in.

To Dare Is To Do my arse
I bet you’re a great laugh at parties

Look at Liverpool pre Klopp, even City pre Pep despite their vast wealth. The manager is what enables a team to grow and become something great.

Look at the times we had under Jol, Redknapp and Poch then compare than to Santini, past it Jose, Nuno and AVB. Difficult to do anything without a suitable manager and it just makes me smile we got Conte. Fuck knows what we did to get him, Paratici kissing his arse or Levy saying money is coming your way but wow it’s night and day.
Very true. Even the with the little bad run we had you still know you got a good manager there in place.

Be a serious embarrassment for a coach of Conte’s standing to lose out in 4th to Lego Man Arteta for 4th after been in pill position with 7, even 6 games to go.

If he stuck around next year and we had Europa, I’d be fairly happy, especially considering the state he took over but I think he might pull a runner if we do get 5th and this club will be taking two big steps back

Imagine if Conte stays and Levy backs him. I think Conte's ambition would be matched to stay here in Premier League, where two of the best teams in the world play (Manchester City and Liverpool), and challenge them constantly. Imagine that, he just needs to be backed but he can and will deliver.

If he stuck around next year and we had Europa, I’d be fairly happy, especially considering the state he took over but I think he might pull a runner if we do get 5th and this club will be taking two big steps back
We would be battling Everton if the mute freak was still here.
Four hundred steps back

If we don’t back conte now and he leaves, we should go for a project manager. Trying to have another Poch. Doesn’t matter hiring high profiles and not backing them. We have to chose what type of club we want to be.
If we don’t back Conte we should go for Sam Allardyce cause that’s the type of manager we’d deserve.

He has, all in all, done a bloody fantastic job as manager of this club. 90% of our fans were very clear how much they don't rate the squad when they took over, and he's taken charge of said squad and got results out of it.

To be 3rd since he took charge defies all expectations that most fans had, and the club should be doing everything it can to convince him to commit here long term. He's working miracles here with lots of players who don't remotely fit his system.

He has, all in all, done a bloody fantastic job as manager of this club. 90% of our fans were very clear how much they don't rate the squad when they took over, and he's taken charge of said squad and got results out of it.

To be 3rd since he took charge defies all expectations that most fans had, and the club should be doing everything it can to convince him to commit here long term. He's working miracles here with lots of players who don't remotely fit his system.
Or any system

I don’t think it’s a cas e of how much conte wants to spend it’s backing him on what he wants to spend it on. Maguire cost 80 and Romero half that. Likewise benta and kulu cost fuck all so it may not cost levy a whole lot to keep conte happy

I don’t think it’s a cas e of how much conte wants to spend it’s backing him on what he wants to spend it on. Maguire cost 80 and Romero half that. Likewise benta and kulu cost fuck all so it may not cost levy a whole lot to keep conte happy

Yeah there's a narrative that Levy has to spend £200m or £300m or whatever fanciful numbers people come up with just to fulfill their satisfaction of how Conte gets backed in their eyes, it's nonsense. Backing him is getting his choices in but that doesn't necessarily mean we have to drop massive money on transfers.

Nobody thinks we have to be dropping 80m on a player, but Romero was a 42m CB which is more than we've ever spent on a defender, Kulu if purchased will have cost us 30m+ and Bentancur was 20m. This is decent spending and it will need to continue.

Fabrizio Romano stated Conte wants 6 players. I think we're looking at 120m or so net spend to make that happen, unless there's a shock major sale. That would be decent, obviously if we can find players for 10/15m who are brilliant it's even better, but unlikely. If the right players are available we need to spend.

Imagine if Conte stays and Levy backs him. I think Conte's ambition would be matched to stay here in Premier League, where two of the best teams in the world play (Manchester City and Liverpool), and challenge them constantly. Imagine that, he just needs to be backed but he can and will deliver.
You will need to imagine it, we are talking about Levy

Back
Top Bottom