Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well that was a lion hearted performance from the boys.

Out their bodies on the line for a well earned point.

Could have taken 3 points.

And Emerson had his best game in a Spurs shirt

:tobyarm:
He defended well, but my god, those crosses... Should have been 3-1.

It was a great game to watch over my shredded fingernails.

Last edited:
Nice little lesson for the boys on pages 0-20 to relax a little and let the game play before you start melting. What a nice surprise for us all on a Saturday evening to take a point when the feeling before the game was just doom and gloom.

Nice little lesson for the boys on pages 0-20 to relax a little and let the game play before you start melting. What a nice surprise for us all on a Saturday evening to take a point when the feeling before the game was just doom and gloom.
Definitely. That's the way draws go, if you score first you inevitably feel like you lost. But I can't imagine anyone would have sniffed at a point before kickoff.

Tottenham Hotspur FC claim to care a lot about staff welfare and mental health- but if this is true, has anyone at the club reached out to Jurgen Klopp to ask if he will be okay?

A good start would be if Emerson Royal recorded a quick apology video to clip onto the end of compilation video this week.

The last twenty or so minutes of that were incredibly stress inducing to watch. I have so much PTSD from Spurs that I was just waiting for the Pool stoppage time winner.

I’d have taken a draw before the match and all things considered will take it now.

Recover, and smash the fucking scum on Thursday.

Is this a shot from Royal or was this a cross? The stutter-step makes me think he was going for goal.

fT0AzdJ.gif
I saw the training footage, he can't cross without hte stutter steps. Davinson Sanchez has better crossing.

I think that game highlights the deficiencies of xg as well. A good chance to score is only created (according to xg) if a shot is taken. The Hojbjerg and Royal (cross which hit Son) chances were invisible on xg but were clearly good opportunities to score.
There is apparently a xT "expected threat" metric which tries to account for that.

I'm sceptical that it works as advertised. That seems too vague, how do numerically represent whether these events by whether they are a threat and to what degree?

Morning Guys and gals

Was at a wedding yesterday, the bride looked absolutely gorgeous, but a point at Anfield looks pretty decent this morning . Was getting updates from my son throughout the game , not sure watching could have been any worse . Nerves shredded, hangover is grim , quadruple dream almost over. I would have taken that outcome as her dad walked her down the aisle

Come on Leeds , you need the points

Don't get me wrong, Højbjerg had a good game .... but that header (1:46) at the end of the game still haunts me. Firstly, she should have gone for the goal coz he was positioned in such a way he would have gotten enough power to get it in (if placed well) but his thought of passing it to Kane was also very good but the header itself was very awfully misplaced...

I thought we were supposed to lose 4-0 and get a good hiding, I was told that people were being delusional and to stop being a happy clapper for even thinking that we could get something at Anfield and anyone being positive towards this game was immediately shot down by the toxic 'fans' anyway...

Gave a good account of ourselves I thought and dealt with them pretty well, reduced them to playing around our box and not creating much, I think we should have won though, but more quality at the top end and we should have walked that but that's the story of our season, Conte has got as much as he can out of this squad but when you have a midfielder like Hojbjerg who play hot potato with the ball and Emerson (who actually played well) who can't pick out a simple cross then what can you do?

I think it's so clear and people can laugh at this all they want, If Conte gets his players in next season we will be 100% challenging for the league title, we are good enough to take 8 fucking points off the league leaders which is huge, imagine what we can do with actual quality in our team.

A point doesn't really help us that much but my feelings are very philosophical on this, top 4 or no top 4 we are in a good place with this man in charge, back him and we will be laughing.

The last twenty or so minutes of that were incredibly stress inducing to watch. I have so much PTSD from Spurs that I was just waiting for the Pool stoppage time winner.

I’d have taken a draw before the match and all things considered will take it now.

Recover, and smash the fucking scum on Thursday.

Haha when Hojbjerg missed that chance I was certain they were going to score, retry sure Michael Oliver played about 20 mins of stoppage time, thankfully didn't happen, I think they would have crushed us.

Back
Top Bottom