Tottenham Hotspur Vs Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To say the first goal is HUGE, is a massive understatement.

The atmosphere will Spur (pun very much intended) the players to be on the front foot.

Normally most teams that come to us have most of the ball, I don't think it'll be like that just for this game.

The players need to be at it defensively. A defensive display similar to Liverpool game is what is needed.

We need to be incisive with our play. No greediness but at the same time play the ball quick. This will be different to the pool game. I imagine Tomiyasu and Cedric will stay back unlike TAA and Robertson.

We will have to play through the middle slightly more. You can bet they will try to shadow Kane. Similarly we should get Bentancur on Odegaard.

Saka is a one trick pony. I don't understand how defenders have not worked out that he just cuts in on his left. This should be easy to defend, Sess engages first and then Davies or PEH pick up the ball when he cuts inside.

I'm interested to see if they come to play or just sit in. I think they will sit in. Although I imagine conte will want them to play so we can exploit them on the break.

Same team as the other day.

Looking forward to it is another understatement. Will be getting to the ground early for once. It'll be like the City and Ajax CL atmosphere.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, be professional and get the job done!

COYS! 💪

Hope that snidey cunt smith isn't co-commentating 2moz. Unbiased view for match needed. Based on that hoddle, Defoe or dawson in the commentary box.
He used to be one of the commentary voices on the FIFA football video games, so I'd always change the commentary language to Dutch, which was much easier than listening to that big-nosed, brummy berk.

Hope that snidey cunt smith isn't co-commentating 2moz. Unbiased view for match needed. Based on that hoddle, Defoe or dawson in the commentary box.
It'll be Neville and Tyler surely. Biggest game of the week and Smith has been on a couple of games this last week already.

You'll have to let me know lol, I'll be in the ground.

It'll be Neville and Tyler surely. Biggest game of the week and Smith has been on a couple of games this last week already.

Public Service Announcement:

If you have surround sound for your TV setup then have a listen to which speakers contain the commentary and which have the crowd.

I ended up putting a switch on my centre and front two speakers which switches off the tired old anti Spurs nonsense.

Switching it on when we are a few goals up is good for the soul.

Public Service Announcement:

If you have surround sound for your TV setup then have a listen to which speakers contain the commentary and which have the crowd.

I ended up putting a switch on my centre and front two speakers which switches off the tired old anti Spurs nonsense.

Switching it on when we are a few goals up is good for the soul.
Alan Smith on co-comms no doubt. The biased, toucan faced fuck

My stomach is churning and didn't sleep that great. I wish it didn't matter that much but it really does. I will curse them forever more, for postponing the game in the first place, and the TV companies for not organising the reschedule months before now, all the other postponed games were played ages ago.
Just want us to play with every ounce of our being, time for action, words mean nothing at this stage.
Not even bothered at this stage if we get 4th or not, just as long as they don't get it at our place, they've done us over too many times in the past.
I should think I will be watching this through my fingers most of the time, as I can't bear looking whenever they are on the ball.
This is either going to be the best night at the new stadium or the worst! Let's hope that it's the former.

Buzzing/shitting it in equal measure for this. Woke up around 3.30am couldn't get back to sleep again till around 5ish. Managed to pinch another couple of hours. Me and my mate getting the train at 1230 so will be nicely beered up come kick off. I'll try and whip the Paxton Upper into a frenzy for kick off!

Back
Top Bottom